Glory Review 5/22-5/29 W. Carib

ejgonz2

Just got back a couple days ago and we had an incredible time!! I went with my girlfriend (now my fiancee icon_wink.gif...

we had a guaranteed balcony 8A and we were upgraded all the way up to deck 9 (Lido), I was ecstatic about that upgrade....the ship is beautiful.....food was pretty good....entertainment was good, comedian Michael Macy was hilarious, but was seriously for adults only....I was up $150 in blackjack after day 2 and ended up -$40 icon_smile.gif

We stopped at Costa Maya, Mexico, Belize City, Belize, Cozumel and Progreso, Mexico...

Costa Maya: We did the speed boat/snorkeling at Uvero Beach...Snorkeling excursion includes Uvero Beach day....beautiful beach, free booze...we drove our own speed boat out to a coral reef area and snorkeled around for a while...it was beautiful, it was my first time snorkeling and I loved it...there were two times for the excursion, if you book the late one (we had to), just head out to the beach early and lay out, I wish we knew we could do that ahead of time

Belize City: We did the cave tubing and we really had fun...you hike for ~40 min with your tube and then plop down in a river and float/paddle through a cave with stalagmites/stalagtites...they give you a miners helmet with a light so you can see the bat holes and rock formations....our guide was great and on the bus ride explained the history of Belize very well

Cozumel: we did beginner's scuba diving and despite not being able to go too low becuase of ear problems, I thought it was great...my girlfriend was able to go down all the way and she loved it, she likes to say that she did scuba diving and I just scuba'd.....the diving was over pretty early, so they took us back to the port, we got lunch and then decided to take a cab to a beach....we went to Paradise beach which is free and it was really nice there, although the beach area was a little rocky and there was lots of seaweed....if you're going to spend the day at the beach, try one of the beaches that you have to pay for like Playa Sol, I think they have packages for free food and/or booze....but we only had a couple hours, so the free beach sufficed

Progreso: We did the Chichen Itza tour....we didn't have a whole lot of time in Progreso and it was a 2.5 hour bus ride to the ruins, so we didn't have a whole lot of time at the ruins, but they were beautiful...our guide explained the history and the significance of the ruins, it was amazing....I would actually like to go back there some day with more time to explore and learn

since all of our tours were more active, and most took the whole day, we didn't have a ton of time to spend at the port and shop, but we did a little and I really enjoyed bartering for things....at Uvero beach (with the free booze), I made a deal with a guy at the shop, he gave me a Mayan calendar plate for 1/2 price in exchange for quietly getting him 2 beers icon_smile.gif

Overall great cruise, a couple of minor complaints....my girlfriend is a vegetarian and there weren't too many options for her....especially in off hours....the sports bar is lame, I like hanging out in sports bars and watching games, but I didn't spend too much time there....the 24 hour pizza was pretty good, but after a few days straight of it, I got tired of it....

I hope you find this helpful and for those going on Glory soon, have a blast and if you're room stewardess is named Nevena, you're lucky, she was great...

ejgonz

Thanks for the great review! The excursions sound wonderful. Did you book them through the ship or on your own? Thanks again, all this great information is really helpful for the rest of us!

Stacy icon_smile.gif

Carnival Glory 11/20/04

Nordic Empress 02/00

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;11;20;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until I'm Cruisin'!! icon_smile.gif

excursions were booked on your TV, it's really convenient and the cruise director gave talks on each port, describing the excursions....this was shown on one of the TV stations non-stop...it was really helpful

Archived