questions about FTTF at Baltimore from someone who has not cruised in a long time

wxtrix

i did a search for this info but I didn't see the info I am looking for.

we're sailing the Legend out of Baltimore next month and we have FTTF. there's an image on our luggage tags with "Faster to the Fun" on them, but the boarding passes give us a 1-1:30 pm arrival appointment and the "C" boarding zone. there's no indication that we have FTTF on them. the boarding passes also note that all rooms will be available at 1:30 pm.

we haven't sailed post-covid from Baltimore with the new (to us) appointment system and we have never used FTTF before and so I am confused. I don't know when the Legend usually boards these days I now am wondering if FTTF is worth it if we have to wait until 1 -1:30 pm to start the boarding process and all rooms will be accessible then.

Baltimore Carnival folks--please help me decide what to do. thanks!

I can not 100% confirm if Baltimore port will let you in with FTTF if you arrive prior to your boarding time or not.  Someone else will have to do that.

However your boarding time is based on a time you selected, or assigned if you didn't.  If you take advantage of selecting your boarding time as soon as you can, you get a much better option and "position" in line more suitable to your liking.  If you did not do this when the window opened up a couple weeks prior to departure, then you were just assigned your current time slot.

I BELIEVE don't quote me on this, but FTTF should be able to access their rooms to drop their luggage prior to the 1:30 window.  I have never had FTTF as it came out after I was already Platinum/Diamond.  But this is a benefit for Platinum/Diamond and I think it extends to FTTF as well.  This means you can make a quick stop, drop your bags and go.  It is not like the old days where you were guaranteed your room was ready when you boarded.  But for us it is a benefit to be able to access room long enough to off load and then go start enjoying.  Just be kind and don't get in the cabin stewards way by hanging out or trying to stay if the room is not ready.  "Ready" is when your door keys are by your door, prior to that they are still working and getting in their way just makes their job harder and slows them down for everyone 🙃

• Thanks 1

PS:  Went and look, and here is a list of all your benefits to help decide if you want it still right from Carnival.  So yes, I was correct about accessing your room prior to 1:30pm

WHAT YOU WILL GET

(Note: VIFP Club Diamond & Platinum members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

Priority Check-in

Upon arrival to the terminal, look for the Priority line to check-in. 

Stateroom Access

Once on board, you will be able to drop off your bags in your stateroom until your room is ready. 

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).

Priority Water Shuttle Boarding

We hope you take advantage of Carnival's Excursions. If you choose to explore the destination on your own, you will have the option to choose a priority water shuttle from the ship to shore.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late debarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

2 hours ago, wemjam said:

I can not 100% confirm if Baltimore port will let you in with FTTF if you arrive prior to your boarding time or not.  Someone else will have to do that.

However your boarding time is based on a time you selected, or assigned if you didn't.  If you take advantage of selecting your boarding time as soon as you can, you get a much better option and "position" in line more suitable to your liking.  If you did not do this when the window opened up a couple weeks prior to departure, then you were just assigned your current time slot.

🙃

thanks for all the info in both of your posts!

and I'm happy to read stuff from recent Baltimore passengers too. 😁

I was on the Legend with FTTF last week. We arrived at the parking lot at 11AM and were told there was a wedding and we had to leave and come back after 12. When we came back at 12:15 the lot was packed with rows of cars to get in. It took about 45 minutes to hand off our luggage and park. At the terminal there was a separate line into the building for priority boarding including FTTF and they didn’t look at your check in time. They did look at check in times in the other line and made people wait. Once in the building it was all just one big line.

There was a drug sniffing dog that sniffed all carry on luggage. He seemed disinterested in his job lol. Every worker in the terminal was super nice, I loved the ladies who checked us in. I’ve never met funnier, friendlier staff at a cruise terminal. We didn’t get on the ship until after 1:30 and our room was ready. So for embarkation I’m not sure that FTTF was worth it. 

The priority tender for HMC and also priority debarkation were definitely worth the money. We had a villa so we had priority for that anyways, but last cruise getting off at HMC was a nightmare. We did self carry off for our luggage and we were in our car driving home by 9:45. So I would buy FTTF again just for those two perks.

I hope that helps! I’m happy to answer any other questions.

We were on the Legend last week out of Baltimore. We were 8 people with four cabins. We all had FTTF. They didn't open up the parking lot until about 11:30am. People were just all circling around... trying the lot... getting sent out... repeat! Our appointment time was 12:30 but we told them we had FTTF and they let us in. We were only waiting in the terminal about 45 minutes and they started boarding. The rooms weren't ready until a few minutes after 2pm. We did drop off our bags. My Aunts bag disappeared from her room though! My best guess is that the room steward thought it was left by the prior guest. After a scary hour or so, they located her bag! What a relief that was because it was minutes before sail away and we were trying to determine if she could sail without her medication. We wouldn't leave luggage again. Getting off the boat is easier than ever! If you have a passport, No more filling out forms and stopping for customs! It's all facial recognition! Enjoy your cruise!

16 hours ago, RaisingJoy said:

I was on the Legend with FTTF last week. We arrived at the parking lot at 11AM and were told there was a wedding and we had to leave and come back after 12. When we came back at 12:15 the lot was packed with rows of cars to get in. It took about 45 minutes to hand off our luggage and park. At the terminal there was a separate line into the building for priority boarding including FTTF and they didn’t look at your check in time. They did look at check in times in the other line and made people wait. Once in the building it was all just one big line.

There was a drug sniffing dog that sniffed all carry on luggage. He seemed disinterested in his job lol. Every worker in the terminal was super nice, I loved the ladies who checked us in. I’ve never met funnier, friendlier staff at a cruise terminal. We didn’t get on the ship until after 1:30 and our room was ready. So for embarkation I’m not sure that FTTF was worth it. 

The priority tender for HMC and also priority debarkation were definitely worth the money. We had a villa so we had priority for that anyways, but last cruise getting off at HMC was a nightmare. We did self carry off for our luggage and we were in our car driving home by 9:45. So I would buy FTTF again just for those two perks.

I hope that helps! I’m happy to answer any other questions.

thanks! this sounds like our past embarkations when we had a suite (pre-FTTF). sorry about the wedding delaying your getting on the ship and thanks for the reminder about the priority debarkation--we live 90 minutes away so it's nice being home before noon.

16 hours ago, naz022292 said:

We were on the Legend last week out of Baltimore. We were 8 people with four cabins. We all had FTTF. They didn't open up the parking lot until about 11:30am. People were just all circling around... trying the lot... getting sent out... repeat! Our appointment time was 12:30 but we told them we had FTTF and they let us in. We were only waiting in the terminal about 45 minutes and they started boarding. The rooms weren't ready until a few minutes after 2pm. We did drop off our bags. My Aunts bag disappeared from her room though! My best guess is that the room steward thought it was left by the prior guest. After a scary hour or so, they located her bag! What a relief that was because it was minutes before sail away and we were trying to determine if she could sail without her medication. We wouldn't leave luggage again. Getting off the boat is easier than ever! If you have a passport, No more filling out forms and stopping for customs! It's all facial recognition! Enjoy your cruise!

thanks! I was interested in knowing if we could arrive earlier than our appointment time and confirmation that we could drop our bags. glad your aunt's bag was found! and the facial recognition this is going to be new to us!

19 hours ago, naz022292 said:

EXACTLY the reason when I drop my bags, I make it a point to go find the Steward, tell him my room number and advise him I have just dropped my bags and will be getting out of his way now.  So he KNOWS that they are mine for the new sailing and not left behind. 😁