Santorini Excursion Options (Ship-sponsored sold out)

agemperline

Hello! My husband and I are taking a Greek Isles cruise for our honeymoon in a few weeks. We will be in Santorini on 5/30 and are looking to book some type of excursion. We were planning to book ship-sponsored excursions for all ports of call, but Santorini excursions via Royal Caribbean have been sold out for quite some time. We were really hoping for some type of sunset catamaran cruise, but almost every one that I have found says "not recommended for cruise travelers" due to timing, location, etc. We will be docked from 1pm-11pm. Does anyone have any suggestions of private tour groups that are good bets for cruise travelers?

We both are very new at international travel and a bit nervous, so I will take any suggestions you have to offer!

We were really hoping for some type of sunset catamaran cruise

In previous threads about sunset viewing and dining in Fira or Oia, several pax (including ourselves) have commented on successfully watching the sunset from the ship. With such a late sailing you could do this too.

And a helpful thread with Santorni  Qs and As can be found here

.https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2739131-find-it-here-santorini-firá-and-oia-q-a/ 

Should you look for it again, it is a "sticky" at the very top of this Greek Ports forum.  And do read previous threads and posts for more info.

Edited by edinburgher

We ended up booking a driver to take us around, and many of them are flexible with times and duration. I can't specifically recommend anyone because we haven't gone yet, but some that I had on my list that had excellent reviews on Google and Tripadvisor were: Top Santorini Tour, Santorini Travel, Santorini Experts, Santorini Best Tours, and Santorini Pickups. Many have options for either an itinerary they recommend, or being able to customize it for where you want to go. Have fun!