Packing Help

Scorpiorose

;) No really, how much is too much luggage? I'm planning, I'm pre packing, I've read the boards, I've got the extension cord, the air freshener....thanks to everyone, I'm feeling prepared....but.....now I have one normal sized suitcase (probably could be carried on if the plane isn't crowded), and one about half it's size (easily a carry on) plus one small carry on (large purse like). Does this sound reasonable for an 8 day cruise? I feel badly I can't get it all in with one suitcase and one carry on. HOnest....I am only packing 3 prs. of shoes.:p

;) No really, how much is too much luggage? I'm planning, I'm pre packing, I've read the boards, I've got the extension cord, the air freshener....thanks to everyone, I'm feeling prepared....but.....now I have one normal sized suitcase (probably could be carried on if the plane isn't crowded), and one about half it's size (easily a carry on) plus one small carry on (large purse like). Does this sound reasonable for an 8 day cruise? I feel badly I can't get it all in with one suitcase and one carry on. HOnest....I am only packing 3 prs. of shoes.:p

Okay I haven't cruised before, but that sounds really reasonable. my b/f and I are thinking of getting a 5 piece for the two of us for a 5 day. I know that we will be saving some space for souvenirs and such but really we'll need it all.

Gosh - when you figure out formal wear for formal nights, daytime wear and evening wear - that's a lot to bring! I bought a 5 piece luggage set (2 are carry-ons) and a garment case - and we will be bringing every single one of them for the 3 of us! (7 day cruise with 2 formal nights!) I wish I could figure out a way to bring less, but I really can't! :eek:

thanks gang, I have been all over europe and went on one piece with a large purse so I feel a little guilty bringing that second piece. But since bf only really brings one bag we'll bring the smaller extra one to carry drinks (later fill with misc. island buys) doesn't seem that bad. I am sticking to the plan of no COFFEE POTS and only 1/3 the clothes I wanted to bring. :p

sassy - 5 pieces for five days....well you made me feel better. You may be able to manage to take 3 between the two of you. My bf and myself went on a 5 day last year and really, that was all we would have needed, packing lightly and going light especially on shoes. Where are you going? What cruise line? :)

take all the luggage you want. There is no limit on the ship. Overpack, pack two changes of clothes for each day, and at least 3 or 4 pairs of shoes, snorkelling gear, softside ice chest for excursion, formal wear, ummmm cameras(video and still), extra batteries, 2-way radios, etc....

that's what I do, and I recommend you do the same.

I don't think that sounds like too much at all! On our way home, we had 6 checked bags and 3 carry-ons between the three of us! I swear, next time I will try to pack lighter!

Wendy and I are in the Packing Process now, we just finished up a big load of laundry, tomorrow I have to go buy a tie to match her new red dress and I have to take my suits to the cleaners. We leave this Friday morning at 5am.

We take 1 full size luggage each and 1 carry on each. Our Carry ons has a change of clothing for the first dinner night also our Laptop, Cameras and tolietries. 1 Carry on is a bag and the other is a smaller 11x17 roll on luggage. So 2 Luggage items will be checked with the pier side porters and 2 Carry on will go with us.

As for me, I notice that I dont wear half the stuff I bring, so every cruise I try to leave things like extra shirts and pants out to make more room for gifts I want to bring back.

Dont forget about the wieght limits while flying, check this link here:

http://www.dod.mil/mapcentral/luggage.html

thanks all, it's helpful to hear what others are doing. I'm bringing the muscle with me, bf, and he packs really light so I'll have help but even with that I can manage my small suitcase and two carry ons. Everything these days are so small, my camera will fit in my pocket, etc....I'll experiment and let ya all know how it goes. :p

Archived