Just back in UK today from 2 weeks on Magica

blowers

Western and Eastern Cruise

Too tired to post detailed review just now and many others have done so already (Joe and Jeff good to meet you on board)

I used excursion tips from this website Capt Marvin Caymans/Peat Taylor Ocho Rios/Godfret Tours St Thomas -all great value

Any questions at all and I'll do my best to reply -Joe Rizeo will no doubt answer questions for youngsters- I'm the 50 plus category

Geoff

First and foremost you will have a great time!

Ignore the negative threads from people who just spend time nit picking.

What do you want to know?

Couple of tips:

Pre-arrange tours

Photocopy passport and take copy with you

Why do you need a copy of passport? We will be using our passport to embark do we have to use it when we're in port too? Please let me know, I don't want anything to hold us up.

Thanks and I'm glad you had a great time.

Starr

Geoff, Jeff! very good to meet you both! I give Mrs. Geoff credit for spotting my family at the buffet!

I wish i would have stayed the second week though!

I am still working on a write up, it takes a long time and i am revising and revising.

Starr517 - you need a copy of your passport incase your original one gets lost. if it does, its much much easier to deal with the turmoil that insues after its lost if you have a copy.

when you are in port (on west carib atleast) you need it if you are non us citizen, if you are us citizen, you need costa card and photo id, if non, you need costa card and passport.

Geoff, Jeff! very good to meet you both! I give Mrs. Geoff credit for spotting my family at the buffet!

I wish i would have stayed the second week though!

I am still working on a write up, it takes a long time and i am revising and revising.

Starr517 - you need a copy of your passport incase your original one gets lost. if it does, its much much easier to deal with the turmoil that insues after its lost if you have a copy.

when you are in port (on west carib atleast) you need it if you are non us citizen, if you are us citizen, you need costa card and photo id, if non, you need costa card and passport.

Does "non-US citizen" apply to US resident aliens that are Canadian citizens??

For goodness sake, does it matter where you come from? I always take a photocopy of my passport on holiday, no matter where I go. It is very little effort and can be a lifesaver. I thought all travel agents advised everyone to do this - mine certainly does.

For goodness sake, does it matter where you come from? I always take a photocopy of my passport on holiday, no matter where I go. It is very little effort and can be a lifesaver. I thought all travel agents advised everyone to do this - mine certainly does.

According to the information I'm getting here, yes, it might very well matter where you come from insofar as getting on or off the ship at ports. That is why I asked the question.

It is easy really. Either photocopy yourself or get Costa customer service to photocopy when on ship. Leave original safely locked in cabin safe and always take the copy with you (plus Costa card) No problem! Voila!

Archived