Booze Buyers

DeckLounger

Buying booze in St. Thomas might be a better deal in this way: US Customs has a special allowance for purchases in the USVI. You can bring back much, much more duty free. Save your receipt to prove that you purchased the liquor in St. Thomas.

St. Thomas is a pretty good bet. Don't even worry about carrying it, The liquor stores will pack it label it and deliver it to your ship. they'll give it to carnival and they will give it to you at the end of your cruise. Easy:cool:

Buying booze in St. Thomas might be a better deal in this way: US Customs has a special allowance for purchases in the USVI. You can bring back much, much more duty free. Save your receipt to prove that you purchased the liquor in St. Thomas.

It is cheaper in St Maarten than in St Thomas. but you can buy more in St Thomas. How much can you bring back from St Maarten? Thanks

St. Thomas is a pretty good bet. Don't even worry about carrying it, The liquor stores will pack it label it and deliver it to your ship. they'll give it to carnival and they will give it to you at the end of your cruise. Easy:cool:

We bought our liquor at RH Rhise, I think that is the name of the store. They packed it up very nice and sent it to NCL. A very nice liquor store in St Thomas. I love to just go in there and look at all the different bottles they sell.

We bought our liquor at RH Rhise, I think that is the name of the store. They packed it up very nice and sent it to NCL. A very nice liquor store in St Thomas. I love to just go in there and look at all the different bottles they sell.

It is actually named A.H. Riise, the large duty-free retail operation based on St. Thomas. I bought it here too, it came in a great box with a handle that they shipped directly to the ship for me so I did not have to lug it around. I'm only sorry I didn't buy more!!:mad:

You can only get one bottle in St. Martin.

The way Customs spells it out, you can bring back 5 liters if they were purchased in the USVI, one more if it was MADE in the USVI.

The way I understand it, if you buy one somewhere else, you've reached your limit and you can't bring any back from the USVI.

I figure, go for it. Even if you have to pay the duty it's much less than in the states.

• 2 weeks later...

The girlfriend and I bought everything in St. Thomas.. AH Riise has damn near everything you could think of and the prices are absurdly cheap. We brought back twelve bottles total. My sister and her husband are sailing on Carnival Saturday for a week.. they do not drink, I placed my order already. ;)

Archived