Cancelled cruise with Next Cruise deposit

Just an FYI for anyone curious. I cruised on April 1 on Royal Caribbean and paid $200 for a Next Cruise deposit. A couple weeks later I booked a cruise for March 2024. I decided to cancel it yesterday. Turns out that despite what I read here, I couldn't move the Next Cruise deposit to another cruise. It was forfeited. I'm surprised given that it says you can move it to another sail date within two months. Anyway, just wanted to share:

changes made during the first two (2) months after the debarkation day of the cruise during which the NDN Booking was made shall not be subject to a Change Fee;

changes made to the ship or sail date after that two (2) month period has expired shall be subject to a Change Fee (currently $100 per person but subject to adjustment without notice);

I found this info at this site for RCCL: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/next-cruise-booking-terms-and-conditions.pdf

I didn't have another RCCL cruise I wanted to book at the moment, so it's not really pertinent to me, but I wanted to let others know what they're doing these days. It's a forfeited deposit. 

Edited by njsmom
  • Thanks 1

What you quoted is for "I. CONFIRMED BOOKINGS (SPECIFIC SHIP AND SAIL DATE SELECTED ONBOARD)".

You booked under "II. NONREFUNDABLE DEPOSIT NEXT CRUISE OPEN BOOKINGS (SHIP AND SAIL DATE NOT SELECTED ONBOARD)".

I. & II. have different terms for Changes.

15 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

What you quoted is for "I. CONFIRMED BOOKINGS (SPECIFIC SHIP AND SAIL DATE SELECTED ONBOARD)".

You booked under "II. NONREFUNDABLE DEPOSIT NEXT CRUISE OPEN BOOKINGS (SHIP AND SAIL DATE NOT SELECTED ONBOARD)".

I. & II. have different terms for Changes.

Interesting. When I made the deposit on the ship, the Next Cruise representative told me that there was no difference if I booked then, or once I was home.