Question about balcony categories?

Looking at possibly doing the NOS from Oct 14-21 & had a question about balcony categories. On voyager-class.com & on these boards, I have seen people refer to both D1 & E1 categories for balcony rooms, but on RCCL website & on Expedia & Travelocity, they only show D1 as a choice when pricing a cruise. There is also a special for our cruise for balcony rooms for 747 pp, but when I go to the various websites, I only see a higher price. Can anyone explain? TIA.

Looking at the RCI site, there seem to be E1s available, but no E2s (which are possibly the lower price of 747, but not currently available)

There seems to be one on deck six, two on deck seven, and two on deck eight. Some rooms may not show on the RCI site, if there are TAs who have blocks of rooms on hold.

You can also go to http://www.*****.com and put in your request. It's beautiful.....the TA's come to you and make offers, sometimes including extra benefits.

Tracy

My apology if this message comes through twice.

My wife and I previously cruised on Princess, and enjoyed the balcony arrangement. The front "panel" was opaque, and the cabins/balconies were aligned vertically so that you had privacy. It was nice to have additional space where you didn't have to be concerned with how you were attired.

What ships on RCI offer this arrangement/privacy?

thanks for the ideas

Looking at possibly doing the NOS from Oct 14-21 & had a question about balcony categories. On voyager-class.com & on these boards, I have seen people refer to both D1 & E1 categories for balcony rooms, but on RCCL website & on Expedia & Travelocity, they only show D1 as a choice when pricing a cruise. There is also a special for our cruise for balcony rooms for 747 pp, but when I go to the various websites, I only see a higher price. Can anyone explain? TIA.

I recently booked this cruise and when I was looking at cabins there were two E2 cabins on Deck 6 and a balcony guarantee available. One of the cabins happened to be on the hump so I booked that instead of the guarantee, both were priced at $747.00. After a few days the other cabin was gone and all that was left were balcony guarantee cabins.

When I checked the website yesterday all the guarantee cabins were gone, the price still shows at $747.00 but when you go to book, that category/price is not available and the next available cabins are the E1. So what it meant is that the balcony cabins for $747.00 were "sold out" or some might be on hold, awaiting a deposit.

I just checked the website this morning and there are two cabins on Deck 6 (6288 and 6256) and a balcony guarantee available!! I guess some people canceled or just did not make a deposit.HURRY UP AND BOOK!!! :)

There is a crown and anchor coupon for this cruise in the magazine issue#1 of 2006, you can get $125.00 off a balcony for gold members if booked before March 31st.If you did not receive the magazine call crown and anchor and enquire if you can still get the discount as I believe there was some one on our roll call thread who did that and was able to get the coupon code.

good luck!

Archived