Smelly Ship

Skyrules

I just found this in a post about Diamond Princess at;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=313188

The Smelly: We are in cabin D739, a Suite on the aft end of the ship. From the moment we boarded the cabin smelled like rotten garbage/sewage, concentrated out on the verahdah. After several inquiries at the pursars desk, we were told there is a design defect on the ship and on aft Dolphin deck is where there is an exhaust of some sort creating this smell. Its getting worse as the cruise progresses (I assume as garbage piles up). The ship is full so we can not move to anything close to our current cabin (cate wise), so the verandah is completely useless (which is sad as we are part of a group and thought of using the verandah for get togethers etc especially in Milford Sound). I applaud the personel on the ship for owning up to the issue and they are contacting the LA office to see what they should do. Its really a shame, its a lovely cabin. Though if I think of how much we paid for it, I will become angry...

It stinks so much, it wakes you up inthe AM as the ship pulls into port and the winds shift or the ship is not moving...nasty!

So it doesn't matter how "old" or "cheap" or "young" or "expensive" the ship is.... smells still happen.

I still wouldn't be happy. It reminds me of a TV show about cruises and problems. I think it's a UK show, but there were some instances where the passengers were far from happy, many demanding (& got) refunds or compensation.

I still wouldn't be happy. It reminds me of a TV show about cruises and problems. I think it's a UK show, but there were some instances where the passengers were far from happy, many demanding (& got) refunds or compensation.

Ah yes - Cruise Ship was the show you are refering to. A fly on the wall docu-drama featuring the cruise ship Island Escape - a converted car/passenger ferry (and a badly converted one at that). It's been on Foxtel (Lifestyle channel) quite a bit. After seeing the show I would never go on that ship... It's no wonder there appears to be only one series of it - the owners of the ship probably saw the final product of the first series and never allowed a TV crew near the ship again. The series was less than flattering for the ship and the company.

Archived