Carnival cuts port anything I can do?

simonbunch

These are the dates:

Fascination: June7,21 (my sailing date); July 5,19; August 2,16,30 September 13,27; October 11,25

Imagination: June 17; July 1,15,29; August 12,26; September 9,23; October 7,21

The pier will not reopen until November 1, 2004.

Ecstasy 6/00

5 year Anniversary

Fantasy 10/01

DM 50th Birthday and

My 31st Birthday

DH 40th Birthday Surprise on the Fascination 6/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;6;21;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

• 2 weeks later...

Well consider yourself fortunate...in spite of Key West getting mediocre reviews we wanted to see it. We're missing it on the Imagination sailing leaving tomorrow.

HM on Inspiration 3/9/03

Sovereign of the Seas 8/17/03 (Just Mom and I)

Imagination 6/17/04 (w/ the Inlaws!)

You're probably not going to get any credits because Carnival has sent out this news (it's even on the News section here on CC). We were on one of the last cruises to stop there before they made this decision. The return tenders took about 2 hours to get everyone back to the ship (lots of people waited until the last minute to show up at the pier), the ship was very late leaving, & there was LOTS of bitching. If you read the news story, you'll see a mention to the number of complaints they got about the tendering. Cozumel is beautiful & you'll really enjoy it. Key West is nice, but there's not much you can do in the few hours the ship was there. It'll be better when the ships start making longer stays there once the port is finished.

Ecstasy--12/97

Fascination--9/98

Triumph--10/99

Sensation--4/00

Triumph--11/00

Imagination--4/01

Spirit--11/01

Imagination--4/02

Spirit--11/02

Imagination--5/03

Glory--11/03

Fascination--5/04

We did not book with Carnival but to my knowledge none of the others in my party who did book with Carnival were notified of the change. You are supposed to have 24 hours upon notification to cancel. I had to contact my online travel agent to find out once I heard about it on cruisecritic. I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of b*tching when we get on the ship b/c I think a lot of cruisers are not going to know...it should be interesting.

But I'm over it and don't care as long as I get on the ship tomorrow!

Happy Sailing!

HM on Inspiration 3/9/03

Sovereign of the Seas 8/17/03 (Just Mom and I)

Imagination 6/17/04 (w/ the Inlaws!)

They will not refund your port charges because they have to pay extra port charges now in Cozumel (port charges are hourly)... the port charges are generally included in your cruise price, not charged to your S&S card...

I personally, would MUCH rather have the extra time in Cozumel... we were there from 8-midnight (I believe icon_wink.gif) and it still was not enough time...

animated+angel+and+devil.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the SINsational Cruise from the Bayou!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2005;10;30;15;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Valor Vampires 10/30/05

Sensation 7/03

See our cruise pics at: http://groups.msn.com/thesensationgroup/chrisandchrispictures.msnw?Page=1

Archived