Norwegian Jade Thermal Spa - is it worth it?

genealogyfan

I'm planning to sail on the Jade in November in a Trans Atlantic crossing (Nov 3 from Lisbon to NYC). I'm thinking about getting a thermal spa pass, but it doesn't look like much seating or very big on the videos I have found on youtube?  Has anyone used it and what did you think? Does it get crowded?  It doesn't seem very large and doesn't seem like alot of seating either. Thanks in advance.

I liked it, especially the thalassotherapy pool. I suffer from body-wide muscular pain and migraines, so the thermal suite helps reduce the pain. It's not very large, but during my sailing, it didn't get all that crowded. But I was also not in great health, so wasn't getting off at ports for excursions. The whole ship was uncrowded on port days, thermal suite included.

• Like 2

It's probably my favourite spa because of the views, but it is split into gendered sections so if you want to spend time with your partner there really isn't a lot of space and it's only the heated loungers and thelassotherapy pool you can use together. Saunas, hot tubs, and steam room are all in the male/female sections.

It's rarely crowded and on the four or five times I've been on board there's never been a time when I couldn't get a seat - although on sea days every seat has ended up occupied. 

• Like 1

I agree with the other posters.  In my 4-5 times on Jade, the Thermal Suite was only really crowded on one of the sailings.  It was nearly always empty on one of the other sailings.  The views are great looking forward and also out of the sauna window.  For me, especially on a TA cruise, the Thermal Suite is a must do since there are many sea days.

• Like 1