Port Canaveral - Confiscated Items Pickup?

hollins2007

I just got off a cruise this past weekend.  My husband had an item confiscated from his checked luggage (a sleep/white noise machine - apparently they thought it was a hot plate?) and we were given a receipt and told to pickup in the terminal upon departure.

However, we went through the terminal down a ramp and got to our checked luggage, and then asked a staff member about the confiscated items, and was told we had to go around and back upstairs to get it.  I do not recall a sign or indication of where the pickup area was.  Maybe we were so focused on following the people ahead of us.  But we got off the ramp on the ship, and then turned right to go down the ramp, so not sure where it would have been?  Anyone have an idea? (this was terminal 5, if that helps).

We now know to not bring a white noise machine (at least my husband had an app on his phone) on our next cruise but just in case, don't want to miss where the pickup is in the future.  We felt it was not worth it to go back around or however the staff member indicated, lugging all of our stuff.  It was just frustrating that it did not seem clear (or, as I stated, we may have missed it if there was signage somewhere due to focusing on where everyone else was going).