Roll Call - Freedom 1/28/07

gfromftlaud

I wish I could say I recognize you guys from the backs of your heads, but I don't :rolleyes:

We did do an excursion on Labadee, parasailing. We also had the joy of being attacked by the straw-market merchants which was decidedly NOT fun.

I haven't checked out the layout of the Freedom yet. We didn't even hit the hot tubs except for a short period on the last day. Definitely no time to relax on an Atlantis cruise.

I knew you would'nt recognize us from the back of our heads but it just seemed funny to see ourselves in your photos with all the hundreds of people on the cruise.;)

Did you guys take the ATV tour in Cozumel?

We did'nt go in the hot tubs at all. Sometimes with all the people the water gets a bit dirty.

Labadee is beautiful. We've been to many cruise lines private islands but that area of land was one of the best. I look forward to that stop again. It was hard to even concentrate on the goods at the market. Kept getting hounded but I can understand that they were desperate to make a sale.

During some of the late night parties we frequently hungout at the Sky Bar, met some really nice people including crew members.

Jim

I knew you would'nt recognize us from the back of our heads but it just seemed funny to see ourselves in your photos with all the hundreds of people on the cruise.;)

Did you guys take the ATV tour in Cozumel?

We did'nt go in the hot tubs at all. Sometimes with all the people the water gets a bit dirty.

Labadee is beautiful. We've been to many cruise lines private islands but that area of land was one of the best. I look forward to that stop again. It was hard to even concentrate on the goods at the market. Kept getting hounded but I can understand that they were desperate to make a sale.

During some of the late night parties we frequently hungout at the Sky Bar, met some really nice people including crew members.

Jim

Some guys we had dinner with one night and then bumped into in South Beach after the cruise (we wound up having lunch together) got home and discovered they had pictures of us meeting Charo, taken from before they even met us, on their digcams. Funny. They have signed up for Freedom as well.

We did the Dolphin Swim at Cozumel. So we actually wound up in Playa Del Carmen rather than Cozumel itself. It was fantastic and everyone in our group was from the ship. Plus we got a lunch and snorkling and shopping time included. It was really a full-day tour, very little time on a bus or the tender so we thought it was very worth it.

I'm clausterphobic with crowds so the market at Labadee was not a good experience for me. I just ran out and let Carlos shop.

I'm not so worried about the hot tubs. They clean them regularly and they are so full of chemicals I doubt anything could survive in it. It was nice to sit in there and have a cocktail. That was the life!

I'm the tea dance guy, I like to dance from 4 to 7 and I think the music is better, stuff with actual lyrics. Especially the classic disco tea dance. I don't like the late-night music so much because the techno gets a bit repetitive. I think next time I'm going to be spending more time chilling at the cabarets and piano bars at night. Carlos enjoys dancing all night though.

We enjoy the Tea Dances as well. The music is very good with more retro.

The hot tubs can be loaded with chemicals all right. On one ship Terry and I got out of a hot tub and Terry's bathing suit had faded in just that one dip.

Some of the ports on the Freedom cruise are good for renting a vehicle and exploring on your own. Can't get so lost as these islands are relatively small. We've rented on our own many times and really enjoyed exploring.

We also have a picture with Charo. We were about 10 couples back from the beginning of the line. Thank god we arrived when we did. Did you see how long the line was? She is a very nice lady with alot of spunk.

When you were on South Beach did you hit the Palace on 12th and Ocean? Fun place, especially on late Sunday afternoon.

Jim

We enjoy the Tea Dances as well. The music is very good with more retro.

The hot tubs can be loaded with chemicals all right. On one ship Terry and I got out of a hot tub and Terry's bathing suit had faded in just that one dip.

Some of the ports on the Freedom cruise are good for renting a vehicle and exploring on your own. Can't get so lost as these islands are relatively small. We've rented on our own many times and really enjoyed exploring.

We also have a picture with Charo. We were about 10 couples back from the beginning of the line. Thank god we arrived when we did. Did you see how long the line was? She is a very nice lady with alot of spunk.

When you were on South Beach did you hit the Palace on 12th and Ocean? Fun place, especially on late Sunday afternoon.

Jim

I'm always concerned about doing a non-ship excursion because if something happens and you miss the boat, you're screwed.

We were probably 10 couples behind you waiting for Charo. We were concerned about the timing because we had a spa treatment shceduled (the Rasula(?) couples thing), but we made it just in time after Charo.

While in Miami we did the cheesy "duck" tour (that bus/boat thing). We walked by the Palace in the morning, but didn't have the chance to go back. We spent some time at the shops and a restaurant on Lincoln Ave.

I had a mental health day from work today and I just finished up our photo album/scrap book from Navigator. Good times!

Hi Gary,

I hope you are enjoying China even though your trip is work related. Yeah, it looks like Freedom is selling fast. Navigator sold quickly last year. We're down to 8 months and some change eeh?

Jim

Thanks for the welcome! Last October's Mexican Riviera cruise was my first Altantis cruise. Before that, I had only been on "straight" cruises. I'm really looking forward to Janaury but it seems so far away!

This time I thought it might be fun to meet people online beforehand so we can chat/etc. in person on the cruise. Can't wait!

We've been on about 16 gay cruises and many straight cruises. For us, you just can't beat the gay ones even if they cost more. We were on the Navigator with Atlantis in January. Beautiful ship! We expect the same for Freedom. We're also very social and like to meet people. We've seen people on many cruises that we met years ago and remain in touch. It's like a reunion. When did you book Freedom?

I'm joining this cruise as well with a group of friends. I would love to meet people beforehand so we can meet up on the cruise. Feel free to send me a message! aceacington@yahoo.com

Welcome, Todd. As you can see I'm counting down the days until the Atlantis cruise. We're in Baltimore here and someone just started a Freedom '07 meet-up board here on Cruise Critic for folks in the VA/DC/MD area. Perhaps you could start something for those in your area?

Yes I'd like to meet people fom anywhere, not just my area (Chicago). Since we'll all be on the same boat. The more the merrier! Although in October, my friends and I happened to meet a group of guys from Chicago and have since hung out with them. Meeting people is what it's all about!

Freedom is nearly sold out. Only 3 categories left.:D Has anyone seen the ship RCI is planning for 2009? It holds 6,400 passengers and has an open atrium in the rear. What a massive ship !!! It's called project Genesis for now. Jim

Hey guys. My BF (Scott) and I (Rus) will be on this cruise also. We're going to be celbrating an 80th Birthday.. heh. He turns 30 and I turn 50. First Cruise, but looking forward to it. Lots of SUN, FUN and well.. other stuff that probablly shouldn't be said in here.. heh. But YOU all know!

Archived