cruise on galaxy

Crazy Cruiser Man

I got off the Galaxy less than a week ago and I loved it!! Its a great ship that has nothing wrong with it, it just shows its age. The crew is constantly fixing/cleaning/painting something. Chess is right, if you have specific questions ask, and we will try our best to answer them.

thank you for the help

the last ship we took from royal is the serenade.

it was ok but everyone was in bed by 10 pm

and took 3 other cruises with carnival

the ships were jubily the inspiration and the destiny which were all great.

exept the jubily which was very old.

I just wanted to know about the overal look of the ship and the atmosphere.

If you have only cruised on Carnival and Royal Caribbean you will find cruising on the Galaxy a bit different. Celebrity is a more adult oriented cruise line and things are a little more formal on board. That being said, the service is betten than most other cruise lines as it the food. The Galaxy is somewhat smaller and older than the Seranade and does not have a rock climbing wall or mini-golf and the gym is a little small with antiquated equipment. We did an 11 day Med cruise this past summer on the Galaxy and had a great time, one of the best cruises we ever took. It was however a port intensive cruise and we actually spent very little time on the ship. If you are looking for a lot of nightlife you typically won't find that on a Celebrity ship as Celebrity tends to attract an older crowd when compared to Carnival. It really boils down to what type of cruise experience you are looking for. If you want the party life or a real family oriented cruise go with Carnival or Royal Caribbean. If you want a more adult experience with better service and food go with Celebrity. If you really like the 10 Galaxy itinerary, I say go for it as the Galaxy overall is a fine ship.

If you have only cruised on Carnival and Royal Caribbean you will find cruising on the Galaxy a bit different. Celebrity is a more adult oriented cruise line and things are a little more formal on board. That being said, the service is betten than most other cruise lines as it the food. The Galaxy is somewhat smaller and older than the Seranade and does not have a rock climbing wall or mini-golf and the gym is a little small with antiquated equipment. We did an 11 day Med cruise this past summer on the Galaxy and had a great time, one of the best cruises we ever took. It was however a port intensive cruise and we actually spent very little time on the ship. If you are looking for a lot of nightlife you typically won't find that on a Celebrity ship as Celebrity tends to attract an older crowd when compared to Carnival. It really boils down to what type of cruise experience you are looking for. If you want the party life or a real family oriented cruise go with Carnival or Royal Caribbean. If you want a more adult experience with better service and food go with Celebrity. If you really like the 10 Galaxy itinerary, I say go for it as the Galaxy overall is a fine ship.

We are traveling with my 11 year old i guess you would not recommend it with kids.

Because we love the 10 day itinerary. it is the best one for us.

But i do not want to go if kids are not realy welcome (Thats the feeling i get)

thanks for the info.

Crazy Cruiser,

Your 11 year old should enjoy this ship. Port time seems to make or break a cruise for kids. I took my kids last August on an 11 nighter on Galaxy, and they loved it. They really liked the food and great service on-board as well as the ports of call in the Eastern Med. The staff treated the kids really nicely. They liked it so much that they wanted to go again on Celebrity, so we are going on a sister ship of Galaxy (the Mercury) in late June this year to Alaska.

'Miner

My kids have been sailing with Celeb since they were 4 and 7. Eight years later they still love it. If your daughter likes to meet other kids and join in actiivities then she will love the youth program. They are big kids themselves. Last year I left my daughter in camp for 4 hours in port so my son and I could go scuba diving. When I came back the counselor was playing with her Ninetendo DS and she was on the playstation. She had a blast and the nice thing is they can go as much or as little as they like. Celebrity does have an older crowd off season but even during the summer the kids are much better behaved because people like me complain all the time if the kids are running around the ship or my personal favorite is blocking the stairs and passengers are trying to climb over them. That spells lawsuit right away if someone falls down the stairs. Too many parents think they can get onboard and pick there little darlings up at the end of the week. I am not on vacation to disclipline anyone elses kids but will open my mouth if they are misbehaving. Ping pong and shuffle board are always fun too. The Galaxy is my favorite ship for many reasons. I am sure you will enjoy her.:)

Hello out there. we just came off a rcl cruise and we are thinking about booking on galaxy in feb07 for the 10 day cruise.

could anybody give me a review of this ship.

thank you.

Book the February 2nd date out of Puerto Rico.

I'll be on the ship.

We just got off the Panama canal run on Galaxy.

Great trip - weather was wonderful.

Food fantastic.

People were great.

Ship beautiful.

We have a small group already going in the connections board.

The February 02 trip spans two weekends.

Archived