Registry Question!!!

superdxa

Hey, we just confirmed with our TA that everything is confirmed and all. She told me to register our vacation online at princess.com. Now I went on the site and registered the names. Is this all i have to do to register our entire vacation?? Kinda confused:confused: :confused: :confused: Thanks for the help

Our TA, upon confirming, gives us paperwork that has the ship itinerary, the booking number, the tour number, booking date, tour date, from and to ports, ships registry, voyage #, cabin cat/# It has Princess's logo on it and then you take that and fill in the personalizer (or whatever it's called) that takes all your personal info. You can tell them what sort of fruit you want in the cabin, dietary restrictions, that sort of thing. I don't know if all TAs do this, but ours does.

Hope this helps!

Charlie

Like Charlie said, you can get this info from your travel agent. To get into the Personalizer in the first place you'll need the booking number.

The travel agent I use always emails (then snail mails) us a copy of the rest of the booking information.

It's fun to go online and check out the itinerary, port times, excursion choices etc., not to mention getting "express check-in" when you go to board the ship!

You will need to complete the Passenger Immigration Form. Princess will send you the forms in the mail, but it is quicker to do it online. To log in to the Cruise Personalizer, you will need your Booking Number. Then you can enter the information for the Passenger Immigration Form and your Personal Preferences.

You will need to complete the Passenger Immigration Form. Princess will send you the forms in the mail, but it is quicker to do it online. To log in to the Cruise Personalizer, you will need your Booking Number. Then you can enter the information for the Passenger Immigration Form and your Personal Preferences.

After you fill it in, go back a couple of days later and check that the info is all there. I did all 4 of us, and for some reason ALL the info disappeared into cyberspace. I ended up printing the forms, filling them in and faxing them. But if you don't check, you may not realize that it didn't take. (likely I'm the only loser whose info disappeared, but it doesn't hurt to check!!):rolleyes:

I hate to be such a negative person ... but ..

what good is your travel agent then???

I mean they book the cruise for you ... then tell YOU to go to the vendor's site and complete the information of passport and address and such. That seems pretty lazy of the travel agent to me!

A good TA should have (or collect) the information required on the Personalizer for THEIR files (passport, birthdates, credit cards) and such. A good TA should also then have a form or checklist requesting all the additional information (bed configuration, seating, soda, etc) that the Princess Personalizer has on it ..

I mean the only benefit you have gotten from the TA is that they booked the cabin and made the payment to Princess for you. This certainly is something you can do online on the Princess site or on the phone with Princess.

As far as shore excursions go . yes, you can book them online 120 days prior to the cruise... a GOOD TA would have samples for the ship/port from prior cruises and give you the options many months prior to the cruise to let you plan and decide well ahead of the time frame. Then this good TA at 120 or 119 days could book them online for you so you would not have to worry about popular ones being sold out quickly.

To me it sounds like the TA has done very little for you .. in fact making you do much of the work that in my opinion THEY should do. The information Princess requests should be on their files so next year should you book another cruise line .. you don't have to register with them separately.

We all tend to complain about the lack of or poor customer service from Princess (and their web site) .. I would call this 'do it yourself' mode from the TA the height of lack of customer service!

I hate to be such a negative person ... but .. what good is your travel agent then???

We had a great travel agent who got us a competitive rate on the cruise (better than what Princess was offering), arranged for a greatly reduced airfare on a non-stop direct charter, and threw in complementary ground transportation. Entering my own information online with the Princess cruise personalizer was not too much of a burden for me to handle.

Archived