#7660 On Rhapsody

Just a few questions!

Is it going to be really hot back there?

Can you hear the noise from the lounge below (Shall We Dance)?

We had a balcony at the bow last time and I got pretty seasick.. is the back any different (as far as movement, noise, vibration)?

I'm looking forward to having an aft balcony (esp. with 4 ppl!).. just hoping that I can ward off the seasickness this time around!

Just a few questions!

Is it going to be really hot back there?

Can you hear the noise from the lounge below (Shall We Dance)?

We had a balcony at the bow last time and I got pretty seasick.. is the back any different (as far as movement, noise, vibration)?

hoping that I can ward off the seasickness

Wasn't when we went in January (7152).

Yes, but didn't bother us.

Personally, I don't think seasick susceptability has much to do with cabin location. We found it to be very stable.

Transderm scop

The temp is not any different from one of the side balconies. You do have an overhang to get under that would provide shade on a really sunny day, but the other benefits of the aft far outweigh sunshine. You have a much larger field of view, very little wind, usually a slightly larger balcony space, georgous view in the evening, longer walk to your cabin from the stairs or elevator to walk off that extra piece of cheesecake, and many others.

You can't hear the "shall we dance" noise in the cabin, but you can hear it in the hallway just outside your cabin door. (Not extreme, but you know it's music!)

Movement is almost non-existent. If the waves are high emough, you'll feel it anywhere on the ship unless they are using the full stabilizers. With the various types of sea-sick meds and patches, arm bands, etc. there should be no reason to get sea sick. Pop a Bonine every morning when you first get up and no problem!

Occasionly, you might feel a vibration if the skip cranks up to full speed, but it's not enough to be a consideration.

Lastly, being aft, you won't have the normal up and down feeling as you would elsewhere. If you do begin to feel queasy, focus on the horizon and it will calm you down.

Don't sweat the little things and make the most of it...you'll get hooked for sure.

What time of year are you going? I had that cabin (or maybe the one next to it) in the middle of the summer one year. YES it is hotter because there is no wind. You get a good breeze with the side cabins that you do not get in the middle of the aft. A corner aft cabin is probably better. I tried to get a corner aft the next year, but apparently those sell out very quickly. If you are going in a cooler time of the year, you should be alright.

Other than the lack of a breeze to cool you down, those cabins are GREAT!

Archived