how to keep balcony doors open?

sdfolsom

We just use a bungie cord from the door to the outside of the cabin...and after the first night at sea we sleep with the door open until the last night (both nights seem a bit cold in September and on the last night it keeps my crying over the cruise ending within our cabin)...this of course is on a Mexican Riviera itinerary! Perhaps Alaska with be a tad cold!

With a bungee cord.......

Click Here For Pic of Bungee Cord We Used On Spirit

See my past cruise pics here:

mohavemommy's Cruise Pics

__ /7__/7__/7____

\:::::::::::::::::::/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"THE WORLD'S BEST ISLANDS ARE ONES THAT FLOAT AND MOVE. THEY'RE CALLED CRUISE SHIPS."

next cruise ???? hhhmmmmm.....

• 2 weeks later...

On the Legend last year, we used a bungee cord. On the Miracle (just got back) we asked our room steward for a door stop. It's a rubber wedge shaped thingie that they use to keep the cabin doors open. He was happy to give us one and it worked like a charm!

*******Proud member of O.A.T.C.******

inlove.gif

6/2004 Carnival Miracle

2nd Anniversary

6/2003 Carnival Legend

1st Anniversary

6/2002 Celebrity Mercury

Honeymoon

inlove.gif

We stuck one of the sneakers in the jam. It kept it open about 4 inches or so. Just enough to hear the sea at night! A little rocking of the ship and I always sleep like a baby onboard.

Just a little warning to all of you who like to sleep with balcony doors open:"Beware that you may encounter strangers in your bed when you least expect it." Last year we were on a NCL cruise and my friend returned to her cabin to find an unknown man sleeping in her bed. Apparently he had too much to drink and decided to be spiderman and climb along the balconies and ended up in wrong cabin. His wife had returned to their cabin and found all of his clothing and shoes on balcony and thought he had jumped overboard. The ship's captain was about to initiate a search and rescue when my friend franticly contacted ship's personnel about stranger in her bed. Not only was he passed out he had also vomited all over her stateroom.Although this is not a common occurrence it does happen and serious crimes can occur at sea and many times are not reported. Don't be fooled into thinking that you are totally immune from any safety issues when you leave your doors open while cruising the wide blue waters.

Oh my!!!! I laughed when DH locked the balcony door (out of habit). Maybe it was a good thing that he did! I would have never thought anyone could climb from balcony to balcony! And while intoxicated!?!

Triumph June 2004

Jubilee July 2002

Time till Triumph on 6/5 countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;6;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

You can also use a larger wooden wedge instead of the bungee. Just stick it in the crack of the door by the hinges when open.

On Spirit class ships (this includes the Legend) you will also need a small magnet to keep the air on when the door is open.

Ken & Nancy dog10.gif

12/2004 - Golden Princess

10/2004 - Fantasy Fest, Key West

03/2004 - Golden Princess

01/2004 - Carnival Legend

11/2003 - Carnival Glory

03/2003 - Carnival Spirit

02/2003 - Carnival Triumph

12/2002 - Carnival Legend

04/2002 - Carnival Victory

01/2002 - Carnival Sensation

12/2000 - Carnival Tropicale

puppy.gifcountdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;12;12;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until Sailing The Golden Princess

time98.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by peggy655:

Last year we were on a NCL cruise and my friend returned to her cabin to find an unknown man sleeping in her bed. Apparently he had too much to drink and decided to be spiderman and climb along the balconies and ended up in wrong cabin.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG...please tell me you are joking?! If not - WHAT AN IDIOT! Playing Peter Parker is dumb enough, but to do it drunk??

That being said...the bungie will work on the door but please, lose the magnet and turn the AC off. This could be a potential fire hazard.

Liv...Winds are 15 knots and holding....the whole world is a drop zone!

newparach.gif

saintsinners.gif

valorvampires.gif

NCL Sky 2/02

We just wedged the little plastic table from the balcony to keep the door open--worked great.

Carnival Destiny 4/00

Carnival Victory 4/02

Carnival Legend 5/7/04

till our next cruise on the Legend

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;7;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Placement of the Magnet....

on the top door frame, on the end away from the hinged side, there is a nut with what appears to be attached to a bolt inside the frame. These are made out of aluminium, so the magnet wont stick, so you have to tape the magnet in place. If the red LED light on the thermostat stays on with the door open, you found the right spot.

Archived