Different Upgrade Question

curiouscruiser

We are quite forward on the Whisper - suite 806 if I recall correctly. Mu DH does have a tendency toward seasickness. Since we're in the Caribbean I doubt it will happen, but if he does encounter a prolem and we want to upgrade to a mid-ship suite and/or lower suite, to whom do I go and is SS policy to pay the full fare for the new suite or do they offer a deal on unoccupied suites? (I know - that is provided there are unoccupied suites.)

And to answer the obvious question - we didn't book midship to start with because we are traveling with family and wanted a group of suites together which was not available mid-ship when we booked. Thanks for any help you can give!

If you want to change your suite, you go to either the Concierge or the Cruise Consultant. If there are cabins available, I believe they will charge you additional funds unless you can negotiate something else! The ship is small enough that you will never be far from anyone. Bon voyage and enjoy!

We are quite forward on the Whisper - suite 806 if I recall correctly. Mu DH does have a tendency toward seasickness. . .

I don't think hubby will have a problem in that location. It is at about the same degree forward as our suite on the Whisper, which was 508. We found the Whisper handled the seas in the Caribbean very smoothly. Since you are on a higher deck, you would feel more rolling (side to side) than we did. But our experience is that the ship's stabilizers controlled rolling so well that we hardly ever experienced it. We could feel some pitching (bow to stern) in heavier seas, but not rolling.

Also, remember that you have Grand Suites just forward of where you're staying. Since these are real premium suites, the location can't be horrid, can it?

While it's true in general that to minimize motion you want to be on a lower deck, midship, and (gasp) inside, if possible (inside not possible on Silversea ships), I doubt that your location will be a spoiler for you or hubby. You should have a wonderful voyage.

Hope this helps.

--Rich

Archived