Anyone cruising Magica 4-16 thru 4-21

greasemonkeywife

There's about 20 of us going and two of the couples will be celebrating anniversaries! Ages of adults are mid 20's to early 60's and kids are 5-15. We are all excited and can't wait! This is my family's first cruise as well as my mom who is in her early 60's! Less than 30 days to go!!

29 days and counting!

We just need to get my grease monkey to come along and we will be all set...

To anyone: How is the ice cream on this ship? Milkshakes? Is there a seperate charge for ice cream and milkshakes?

Do they have bands that play on the pool decks? Do the clubs play top 40 & dance tunes? Is there a club that plays just 80's music? I know, too many questions!! Sorry - just so excited!!

Did anyone sign up for the $69 massage special on the first day of their cruise? How was it?

29 days and counting!

Did anyone sign up for the $69 massage special on the first day of their cruise? How was it?

Where did you see the offer for the $69 massage?:)

was posted on this forum somewhere ... under the heading of tip to know or something. When I find the tip I will repost!

Are you going on the 14th?

I'm actually leaving tomorrow and will have plently more for you upon my return but this is what you are talking about plus a bit more.... :)

If you can squeeze it in, once you board the ship on the first day, head directly to the spa. They have $69.00 dollar massage specials the first day of the cruise, (regular price $100). The book up quick so get your appointment before you browse the rest of the ship or head for the buffet. With any luck you can check in your cabin, book your massage, have lunch at the buffet, and gor to the life boat drill, and have your massage immediately after and before dinner, which is not only a bargain butr a great way to begin your eveening after an exhausting day of travel and check in etc.

1. When you get to the pier and you drop off your luggage, you will go into the terminal building. Don't forget to get a number!

Usually a Costa staff member will hand out plastic numbers (similar to those you'll get in some department stores when you are entering the fitting rooms).

This is your group number and ultimately the order in which your group is going to board.

**** This does not apply to "Suite" passengers, as you will enjoy priorty embarkation and do not need a number. (hello Nancy!!!)

2. If you are travelling with children, head straight to Virtual World when you embark, they have a selection of the video games for free until the ship leaves port. Also at the Kids Club they offer group babysitting from 11.30pm to 1.30am every evening except the first with 24 hours. This is a free service and if you don't ask about it they won't offer it.

3. You will receive your daily cruise news, the "TODAY", which will be delivered to your stateroom the night before... You will find a certain cocktail special, aka drink of the day, which varies daily.

As there is no mentioning of it you can "supersize" your drink for only a few cents more. Definately worth the money!

4. Tip your room service at the start of the trip with a $10-20. Say something so they understand that this is just a small tip to say thanks and you'll tip AGAIN at the end of the trip. ALSO, ask for the Mattress Topper!!!

5. If you are planning of having nice looking clothes, such as dresses, slacks, suites, or simple shorts and shirts, pack a bottle or two of wrinkle releaser. As you are not allowed to use any irons in your cabin and laundry service is only available for a charge, this is a great way to look "smooth".

6. On Magica, the "always available menu" (items you can always get in the dining rooms, if the other items don't suit you) include:

Lunch: hamburger, hot dog, veggie burger, french fries

Dinner: caesar salad, chicken breast, salmon filet, baked potato, french fries

7. The Spa has a sauna, steam room, and jacuzzi open for free use, in addition to the modern exercise and locker rooms.

8. Costa has a system whereby you register your credit card after you have boarded the ship. Some complain that it's another line to get into, but in fact the time limit is not enforced. Therefore, you can just stroll by the table they have set up to register your card and do it whenever it suits you. There was no line when we decided to do it.

9. This might not be a secret, but something to keep in mind. We waited until the last night of the cruise, around 11 PM to gather all the pictures we wanted and then asked the cashier if we could get a deal on them. She called the manager over, he asked us what we wanted and made a deal. We took a stack of photos (there were 9 of us) for $119.

Not bad. And we got plenty of pictures.

As so many past passengers have helped me I will be glad to answer all questions you guys will have for me....

Elaine :)

03/19/2006 Costa Magica Eastern

09/02/2005 Carnival Fascination Bahamas

03/18/2005 NCL Spirit Southern

3/20/2004 Carnival Triumph Western

3/16/2003 Carnival Spirit Exotic W. Caribbean

08/02 NCL Sun

12/21/2001 Carnival Spirit Southern Caribbean

10/15/2000 Carnival Destiny Southern Caribbean

1/31/2000 Ecstasy Western Caribbean

10/17/1999 Carnival Destiny Western Caribbean

10/98 RCL Grandeur of the Seas

10/18/1997 Carnival Fascination Southern Caribbean

10/6/1996 Carnival Sensation Western Caribbean

10/7/1995 Carnival Imagination Western Caribbean

10/94 Dolphin IV

11/6/1993 Carnival Celebration

11/1/1986 Carnival Carnivale

was posted on this forum somewhere ... under the heading of tip to know or something. When I find the tip I will repost!

Are you going on the 14th?

We are leaving on the April 16 cruise.

Archived