Tree top excursion in St Maartan

Can someone explain to me what the tree top excursion is in St Maartan. It states on the excursion board you have to be in great physical shape. My DH thinks it will be like Tarzan but I can't believe any ships would have an excursion such as that.

Thanks for any feedback.

im booked to do it next week too ill let you know how it is, i hear from people on other review pages that it was one of the highlights of the trip, a lot of fun. it is a course of zip lines , and rope bridges, things of that nature but you must be somewhat agile.

Our family of four (two adults in their early 50's and two boys in their late teens) enjoyed this excursion this past January.

Basically it is a "zip line" outward bound type course. It is well designed and well-attended (very good equipment). It is an attractive location with pleasant staff. They have a mini-training area for you to understanding and try out the equipment.

It does require some physical ability and courage (meaning if you are afraid of heights or walking across swinging bridges it will be a bit of a challenge). My wife was not too keen on doing this excursion but admitted she felt a sense of accomplishment completing it). The pace going through the course of the most part is relaxed.

Of course the boys would do it again in a second. If you are looking for something different, this is worth a try.

Happy cruising...

Archived