NCL Prima: Pre-Cruise NYC/Reykjavic, Dining, Solo in Haven - Northern Europe - A cruise in review

maren91

Terrific post Maren.  I’ve read tens of Prima reviews over the past year as we prepare for our 14 days in the Haven next week and this was one of the best and most level (with the good and bad in an educational frame).  

Despite my OCD preparation over the past year, your practical suggestions at the end offered some things I hadn’t read before or contemplated.  I’m glad you had such good weather in Geiranger and some of the other ports.  

Thanks and I hope you’re feeling better by now.  

One question, you commented on the poor internet.  Did you find any times or locations it worked better and do you think the unlimited streaming package is no better than the regular unlimited package?

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 12:34 PM, Markj said:

Hey Maren

I've just been to the Haven bar and showed Rommel the FB piccies and he was so happy to see the piccies and he remembers you and said you were such a lovely guest!!! 

This made me so happy!! Thank you, I wish them nothing but the best. Such lovely people and really made my vacation special.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McGarrett5oh said:

Terrific post Maren.  I’ve read tens of Prima reviews over the past year as we prepare for our 14 days in the Haven next week and this was one of the best and most level (with the good and bad in an educational frame).  

Despite my OCD preparation over the past year, your practical suggestions at the end offered some things I hadn’t read before or contemplated.  I’m glad you had such good weather in Geiranger and some of the other ports.  

Thanks and I hope you’re feeling better by now.  

One question, you commented on the poor internet.  Did you find any times or locations it worked better and do you think the unlimited streaming package is no better than the regular unlimited package?

Hey there, I had the streaming package and it was horrid. I didn't actually try and stream, just used for email and work related stuff. I couldn't even load some websites it was so bad. It worked best very early in the morning or very late at night presumably due to less people using. I had to work some days so I ended up just using my phone as a personal hotspot and connecting to local cell towers when we were in port. For some reason downloading and sending emails on my phone worked better than using my computer to login to Gmail though.