Specific Activities on Discovery Princess

deltahog

I have read and read and read and researched but not found anything as specific as I would like.  So for those who have experienced the Discovery Princess recently, two questions -

1) For an Alaskan cruise in late September, are any of the pools heated/protected such that anyone would want to get in?  Same question for hot tubs.  I'm not talking about the Sanctuary.  Wondering whether to pack bathing suit/related stuff or not.

2) Are there pickleball courts?  Open play?  Daily?  Tournaments?  Organized groups?  Any and all pickleball information appreciated.

Pools will remain open unless sea conditions are such that they must be closed. They are heated, but not a lot. They may feel warmer if the air is cold.  Not really a covered pool, but the retreat pool and the aft pool would be somewhat protected.

Pickleball is on the sports court, shared with basketball, etc.  They do allocate an hour (maybe 2?) in the morning for open play, and they will set up the nets.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, blizzard44ca said:

Pools will remain open unless sea conditions are such that they must be closed. They are heated, but not a lot. They may feel warmer if the air is cold.  Not really a covered pool, but the retreat pool and the aft pool would be somewhat protected.

Based on this, I will bring swim accoutrement, but also bring healthy skepticism that I will pull it out of the suitcase.