Serenity Double Cabin Lack of Storage

offtoalaska

Has anyone sailed on NC Serenity in a double ocean view cabin?  The drawer storage seems to have disappeared and I'm wondering if this will be problematic.  We typically sail on Seabourn where there is lots of storage.  Originally booked Aquamarine suite but traded down due to an unexpected assessment from last year's hurricane (FL.)  Not sure if we're going to feel comfortable and may cancel before final pay next week. I can see that hanging storage is more limited due to placement of safe.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  I believe there had been previous comments but can't find them.

We are currently on Serenity in an ocean view cabin. We have sailed on Serenity before in an ocean view cabin and one of those was the 2015 World Cruise.  I know people have said the closet is smaller and it is.  I think the bigger problem are the doors. They use to be sliders and you could move them one way or the other to expose the entire closet. The doors now are pocket doors. When they are both open, the door on the right is within a couple inches of being flush with the interior closet wall. The closet wall on the left is two feet from the door edge.  It makes it difficult to reach items on the far left side of the closet.

Drawer space is a little less.  The vanity used to have drawers on both sides.  Now they’re only drawers on one side. The refrigerator use to be above one side of the vanity and that is now next to the closet. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rrobbins said:

We are currently on Serenity in an ocean view cabin. We have sailed on Serenity before in an ocean view cabin and one of those was the 2015 World Cruise.  I know people have said the closet is smaller and it is.  I think the bigger problem are the doors. They use to be sliders and you could move them one way or the other to expose the entire closet. The doors now are pocket doors. When they are both open, the door on the right is within a couple inches of being flush with the interior closet wall. The closet wall on the left is two feet from the door edge.  It makes it difficult to reach items on the far left side of the closet.

Drawer space is a little less.  The vanity used to have drawers on both sides.  Now they’re only drawers on one side. The refrigerator use to be above one side of the vanity and that is now next to the closet. 

Thank you for the info.  Would you sail in an ocean view again with these changes to storage?