Captain Morgans 4/6/2006

bfallen1

I've noticed many posts recommending Captain Morgans for snorkeling excursions. I would like to do the full day snorkeling excursion, but they need 10 people in order to schedule a full day; is there anyone else that plans on using their services? If so, half day or full day?

Hey, I will be in GC on the 6th as well. Plan on going to see stingrays and snorkeling. Inform me on what info you have regarding Captain " Morgan". I am considering using Buccineer because they have a excursion that is a little longer than the rest. It goes to the stingrays and then two snorkeling stops ( three hours ) It will be me, wife and two kids.

I haven't heard too much about Buc, but will check it out,,

I think that we’re going to go on the 5 hour tour that includes the conch dive. We did that in Belize a few years back and it was great fun. We ate the conch right out of the shell and got to keep the same. It is still proudly displayed on my fire place mantel. Here’s the link to Captain Marvins…..

http://www.captainmarvins.com

Toll-free reservation line 1-866-978-0022

Can you book Capt Marvin's excursions through Carnival?

No but if you've already booked your cruise you can go to the Carnival web site and sign up (to the site). Then you can choose your excursions, print your online boarding pass (it's a document that makes embarkation easier and quicker) and review you cruise info.

I've never booked an excursion through Carnival I've always used private tours like CM and only had a problem once in Belize with Terra Mar Adventure Company SCUBA tours. We booked a tour with them in advance (thought it'd be easier that way) going to Goffs Caye (we had been there before and loved it) then at the last minute they pulled the old switcharoo on us and we ended up going to the same Caye (more like a sandbar) as the cruise ship's excursion for about the same price. They did offer to give me my $ back before the tour, but I didn't want to go all the way back to the tourist dock and look for another tour. The good thing about it is that I got to see first hand a ship's excursion and it looked like a "cattle call" to me. And in spite of all that I still enjoy the personalized service that you get from a private tour.

On last thing and I'll shut up......if you do choose to go on a ship's excursion do it because it's best for you and yours, but don't listen to CCL's scare tactics about going it on you own in the ports of call.;)

https://www.carnival.com/SignInRegister.aspx

Archived