Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

9 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

Yup, we may have to fly over to Europe before taking the Glory back in the Spring of 2024.  However, in 2025 the Majestic Princess TA cruises into Barcelona exactly two weeks before the Spirit leaves Barcelona for the States.  So we will likely book the Majestic.  Also, we booked the Panorama transpac from Singapore to LA in the fall of 2024 (same as you??), and I wanted desperately to find a transpac in the other direction that made sense but couldn't find one, so will likely cancel the Panoram transpac.  I mean, the flights to Europe are tiring, but the flights to eastern Asia are really long and uncomfortable. 

That is the Transpacific I'm looking at but I don't think I'm going to be able to pull it off. If I did a flight that long it would need to be business class 💰. I'm still looking for a rich uncle.

• Haha 11

Rant time:

I'm trying to eat when I'm hungry, not when it's time to eat. I also have to work with my mom's eating schedule. She is diabetic and has to eat every couple hours to regulate her glucose levels. I get that and understand I have to be flexible. 

Even for her, she is having to eat more frequently than she would like. I suggested a light breakfast to hold her until lunch. She was going to do a banana and cheerios. I could then wait until lunch to eat.

When I checked in she had ate a parfait, omelet and bacon and wanted a late lunch. 

So now I needed some breakfast and am eating more than I wanted to.

Guess who was already eating lunch when I was done with my walk?

OK </rant>

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

58 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Rant time:

I'm trying to eat when I'm hungry, not when it's time to eat. I also have to work with my mom's eating schedule. She is diabetic and has to eat every couple hours to regulate her glucose levels. I get that and understand I have to be flexible. 

Even for her, she is having to eat more frequently than she would like. I suggested a light breakfast to hold her until lunch. She was going to do a banana and cheerios. I could then wait until lunch to eat.

When I checked in she had ate a parfait, omelet and bacon and wanted a late lunch. 

OK </rant>

I can so relate!!  I have the exact same issue with DH.

My first solo cruise was amazing😆 What a difference not having to coordinate/compromise LOL I've done a few more and it spoiled me now. Still happy when he goes with me though.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

Rant time:

OK </rant>

Ohh 😯 *Mom* is my guess! Being Diabetic is no walk in the park. Nor is being Family/ Caretaker to one. We're not always the most agreeable people. Thankfully, your mom has a great support system. She is very Blessed 😇

• Like 6

1 hour ago, balcony bound said:

I can so relate!!  I have the exact same issue with DH.

My first solo cruise was amazing😆 What a difference not having to coordinate/compromise LOL I've done a few more and it spoiled me now. Still happy when he goes with me though.

I love my solo cruises 😀.

1 hour ago, CruisinTrkrs3 said:

Ohh 😯 *Mom* is my guess! Being Diabetic is no walk in the park. Nor is being Family/ Caretaker to one. We're not always the most agreeable people. Thankfully, your mom has a great support system. She is very Blessed 😇

I try to be patient as much as I can I'm sure I'll be diabetic one day myself.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CruisinTrkrs3 said:

Oh 🤫 😯Mom* is my guess! Being Diabetic and/or reliant upon those closest to us is no walk in the park. Nor is being Family/ Caretaker to one, (so my DH, DS & 3 DDs tell me 🤫.We're not always the most agreeable lot of people. *We* as in ME also 😉. Especially now that this stupid Kidney Cx refuses to get better and insists upon remaining oppositional. Being able to vent is paramount for ALL.. Those needing help AND those providing it.Thankfully,  your mom has a great support system, especially in you.She is very Blessed to have such a son.😇

Edited b/c chemo fog doesn't hardly let me get my actual thoughts/feelings out correctly.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, CruisinTrkrs3 said:

Edited b/c chemo fog doesn't hardly let me get my actual thoughts/feelings out correctly.

Thank you for the kind words.

Hope your health improves. My mom is mostly able to manage for now with medication (no insulin yet) and watching what and when she eats.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1