Solos on Venture and Pursuit Ships

Mahogany

To those of you on board, have you noticed any solo passengers? I travel solo, and would not participate in the strenuous excursions, but am curious about the ship. I've been to the Arctic and Antarctica, but there might be more itineraries which would interest me. I imagine it might be more difficult to meet passengers since there are probably no hosted dinners or other opportunities to meet fellow passengers.

34 minutes ago, Mahogany said:

To those of you on board, have you noticed any solo passengers? I travel solo, and would not participate in the strenuous excursions, but am curious about the ship. I've been to the Arctic and Antarctica, but there might be more itineraries which would interest me. I imagine it might be more difficult to meet passengers since there are probably no hosted dinners or other opportunities to meet fellow passengers.

On our Iceland/Greenland cruise in July there were definitely solo passengers and several hosted dinners every night. 

17 hours ago, Mahogany said:

I was on Pursuit two weeks ago.

There were many solo cruisers and hosted tables.

23 hours ago, Mahogany said:

Since Venture and Pursuit are so small, it is easy to meet people and get to know them well.  In no time at all people will invite you to sit with them at dinner.  The best place to meet people is in the Bow Lounge (we called it the Blounge for short.)  People who like to take pictures hang out there because it is an easy access to the large open bow.  Also, a lot of the crew and naturalists hang out there as well.  It was a great source of information and scuttlebutt.  Be sure and attend the evening briefings.  Several times the people we sat next to and started a discussion with asked us to dine with them.

On 9/9/2023 at 6:07 PM, Mahogany said:

Yeah and I barely notice them which is good thing as they blended in very nicely. I might do a solo cruise in 2024 on the Pursuit but since I am not the greatest restaurant fan I might end up eating sushi almost every night 🙂

42 minutes ago, Khareef said:

Yeah and I barely notice them which is good thing as they blended in very nicely. I might do a solo cruise in 2024 on the Pursuit but since I am not the greatest restaurant fan I might end up eating sushi almost every night 🙂

I went to the club every night before dinner and had some sushi and a drink.

It's a great idea and just rolled out on the Quest also.