How Strict is Royal About Boarding Times?

HuggyBee

I’m a little upset right now. I checked in for our Allure of the Seas cruise scheduled for 10/25 out of Port Canaveral yesterday. For whatever reason, when I tried to select a boarding time, no times would come up. I tried on the app and on my desktop with no luck. I called Royal and was told that there was a system issue and to check back in 72 hours. Well, I just checked again, and guess what? The issue was fixed all right, with only a 1:30 to 2:00 boarding time available! 

The problem is that I already have a shuttle service (Gray’s) scheduled to pick us up at our hotel in Orlando at 10:15 that morning. I’m not sure exactly when we will get to the port, and don’t want to be stuck outside for a couple of hours due to our late check in time. Should I call Royal and see if I can get an earlier time or just show up and beg for mercy? 

Same situation with us! 1:30 to 2 pm. Only time offered!

Could still be a glitch and other times might come available as time goes on.

My other thought was, this happens to be the very first cruise from Port Canaveral after repositioning from Galveston so just maybe Rccl might want more time to organize boarding at a new port/terminal.

But I really think it is a glitch in their system and it will get fixed in a timely manner. 

Hopefully!

Terminal 1 Port Canaveral 

Allure will use same setup as Wonder, just a different boarding day 

I will assume Check in will start before before 10am

We checked in at 10:00am

There was not a single person in line or Q outside 

Boarding started at 10:35am

Anyone arriving after 10:35 would have walked straight on through front doors, security , check in and boarded within 10mins

I really don’t think if you had 1:30 they are going to make you stand outside all alone in a line Q ion your own, that would be silly 

When you could be onboard spending money 💰 

Allure will Dock at T1 PC at 6::30am, most walk offs will be done and gone off ship by 7:30 

Just the stragglers and B2Bers to process and then it’s get all the new folk onboard 

Enjoy Allure

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, DJChick said:

Same situation with us! 1:30 to 2 pm. Only time offered!

Could still be a glitch and other times might come available as time goes on.

My other thought was, this happens to be the very first cruise from Port Canaveral after repositioning from Galveston so just maybe Rccl might want more time to organize boarding at a new port/terminal.

But I really think it is a glitch in their system and it will get fixed in a timely manner. 

Hopefully!

There was a glitch 2 days ago

We got a checked out before we checked in error and still got setsail pass without barcode and a 12:30 check in

It has been fixed as I was able to add my setsail pass to my apple wallet, before I couldn’t (2 days ago) 

Go back to check in and see if you can change time now 

Just a side note... If you go through the check-in again, you might be able to select an earlier time.
If an earlier time doesn't pop up, just close it, it won't change what you already have. But try it a few times, it has worked for me a few times 

Edited by LilBlackDress