Where Did The Money Go?

tgg

Our account for our upcoming December cruise was screwed up again when I checked it last night.  Instead of more than $700 in OBC remaining after we booked excursions, we owed over $400. Our b2b OBC of $400 had also magically disappeared.

Our travel agent called Azamara and got someone who seemed to know what he was doing. He fixed it.

We've been booking with the travel agent for many years. She's a pro. She told me that she will not book Azamara unless a customer insists on a particular Azamara cruise. She's spent too many hours on the phone trying to sort out the transition errors. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tgg said:

Our account for our upcoming December cruise was screwed up again when I checked it last night.  Instead of more than $700 in OBC remaining after we booked excursions, we owed over $400. Our b2b OBC of $400 had also magically disappeared.

Our travel agent called Azamara and got someone who seemed to know what he was doing. He fixed it.

We've been booking with the travel agent for many years. She's a pro. She told me that she will not book Azamara unless a customer insists on a particular Azamara cruise. She's spent too many hours on the phone trying to sort out the transition 

So frustrating especially after this length of time. 

Travel agents don't get paid enough to keep babysitting accounts unnecessarily.

For this reason I'm not booking excursions til I am onboard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tgg said:

We've been booking with the travel agent for many years. She's a pro. She told me that she will not book Azamara unless a customer insists on a particular Azamara cruise. She's spent too many hours on the phone trying to sort out the transition errors. 

You can't (or at least I can't) see the remaining OBC after making excursion bookings, but - until they internally use your OBC against those bookings - the balance outstanding shows up as the total of those excursions.

I followed their instructions to the letter; adding the dummy OBC excursion; booking a couple of real excursions; navigating to the payment screen; and then cancelling.  I then sat back, waiting for their back-office to do the behind the scenes move of OBC to the now displayed outstanding balance.  It didn't happen, but they were able to do it immediately when I called.