Handicapped Suite 9041 for Non-handicapped Person on Silver Nova

AnneS

I just received my luggage tags for my upcoming cruise on the Silver Nova. This will be my first Silversea cruise. I could not get a room assignment when I paid for the cruise. But I just got my luggage tags, which indicate I'm assigned to a handicapped-accessible room. The photo of the room on the Silversea website shows a bathtub but not a shower, which concerns me. Has anyone had a Silversea handicapped-accessible room that does not include a shower? And is the bathroom sink lower than a regular sink?

On 10/13/2023 at 11:11 AM, AnneS said:

I just received my luggage tags for my upcoming cruise on the Silver Nova. This will be my first Silversea cruise. I could not get a room assignment when I paid for the cruise. But I just got my luggage tags, which indicate I'm assigned to a handicapped-accessible room. The photo of the room on the Silversea website shows a bathtub but not a shower, which concerns me. Has anyone had a Silversea handicapped-accessible room that does not include a shower? And is the bathroom sink lower than a regular sink?

I have not stayed in this suite though I have it booked for our GV. I do have a floor plan. There is no tub and there is a shower. While I can’t guarantee it, I have never encountered a lower sink on a cruise ship. I’m a full time wheelchair user so I only sail in accessible cabins. Sounds like you are sailing before me else I’d happily snap photos for you. We depart January 4. 

How I got it is a long story. You won’t find it online. I have season football tickets and need to get focused on getting out the door. I will send it to you if you send me your email info. Rtravel at aol dot com I’m not a travel agent. Just an ADA traveler. 

Go Rams!!! Home And Commanders!!! (Childhood team)