Pics of Funnel Cloud Forming at Sea

jbsvette

Great pics! I am planning on taking this exact cruise next July as a grad gift to my son, son's friend, and to his parents(me & hubby) who will have survived highschool with him! How were the ports? Was yours a 5 day cruise? Do you have a review yet? Any info would great. Pics are excellent, looks like you had a great time!

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing. Hope you had a great time! We have quite a few folks that cruise in this area, we had a Meet & Mingle last night. Y'all should come to the next one, anyone is welcome!! That thread is on the Floataway Lounge part of the boards.

We were sitting on the Lido Deck of the Conquest on that exact same day and time looking at that exact same cloud when DH pointed out the funnel. :eek: We watched it for a time and I tried to get a picture but it did not turn out at all. Your pics look exactly like it. Great pictures. :D

08/28/2001 - Updated 06:00 PM ET empty.gifclear.gifUnderstanding waterspouts

clear.gif2001-july-fla-waterspout-180x180.jpgBy Chris Cappella, USATODAY.comThe sinewy funnel of a waterspout touches the waters of the Gulf of Mexico off Treasure Island, Fla, in July 2001.

Click for full size imageclear.gifWaterspouts are simply tornadoes over water. But though they have a similar structure to some tornadoes, they form much differently. Waterspouts are common in tropical areas where thundershowers occur frequenty, such as around the Florida Keys. But waterspouts also can spin up beneath puffy cumulus clouds without lightning or thunder.

Archived