Dress on QM2

belldebb

Okay folks....HELP me!

I have read many of these threads and replies and keep hearing folks talk about the "dress code

Tell me if Jeans are allowed while just walking and relaxing on deck???

How casual is "casual" on QM2??

thanks, cruiser from NC

Debbie,

It's a bit more upscale than most ships. Hoever, no one is going to throw you overboard.

However, if you are doing the transatlantic, they WILL put you off at the next port f you wear jeans......Or if you go naked....or if you wear an evening gown all day. Any way you look at it, they're putting you off at the first patch of land! <G>

Karie,

Who thinks people should wear what they're comfortable in, and that includes if they are comfortable with a bunch of busy-bodies with no life of their own who have nothing better to do than worry about what other people are wearing. Maybe those biddies should worry about that nose that is no longer centered on their face from getting bent out of shape over OTHER people's clothing! HMMPH!!!

Darling, if the Queen is coming to afternoon tea, perhaps you should dress. Otherwise, BE COMFORTABLE AND HAVE FUN.. Oh yes, and IGNORE ANY AND ALL SNOBS! They are not worth worrying about. The TRULY Snobbish SET the style. Those who have REALLY arrrived, instead of just playing at it (and I"m not talking about money here- I am talking poise, self assurance and charitable attitudes towards others)... why darling, they could look good in sackcloth and ashes!

Debbie,

It's a bit more upscale than most ships. Hoever, no one is going to throw you overboard.

That's odd. I thought they would make you walk the plank, and film it for some realism TV show.

I have worn smart jeans before on a transatlantic during the day and also in the Golden Lion Pub a couple of times in the evening.

I dont take any notice of what people think about it as i have paid good money to do these trips.

Many of the people on here still think that this ship has some kind of class structure,They probably think all black people should travel in the life boats.

Things have moved on since the 1890's and so should they.

Do what makes you feel happy and enjoy the trip.

(including wearing jeans as i will in July)

I have worn smart jeans before on a transatlantic during the day and also in the Golden Lion Pub a couple of times in the evening.

I dont take any notice of what people think about it as i have paid good money to do these trips.

Many of the people on here still think that this ship has some kind of class structure,They probably think all black people should travel in the life boats.

Things have moved on since the 1890's and so should they.

Do what makes you feel happy and enjoy the trip.

(including wearing jeans as i will in July)

I AGREE 100%%% You should read and respond to this subject under another thread!!

BIG TIME, OLD TIME, responses!!! Be sure and entertain yourself and read them; they will make you LAUGH!!!

Have a good trip in July!!

Hi belldebb

On our crossing Mr. Rod Stewart was on board and he wore the same pair of Levis I did. Unfortunately as "travel-to-go" mentioned we both were disembarked immediately at the first reachable land fall (I think it was Pier 90 in NYC) .

Never he less bring your best clothes too, you'll both enjoy it at the dances in the Queens Room or at Tod English's Restaurant which you should not miss at all.

If you dont want to miss anything look at the tread "Whats not to be missed on the QM2". Or just book a return ticket.

Best regards from Austria

On our crossing Mr. Rod Stewart was on board and he wore the same pair of Levis I did.

Fancy sharing a pair of trousers with another passenger!

Did you both have other trousers as well, or did you have to wear just your undies when the other had the jeans?

Fancy sharing a pair of trousers with another passenger!

Did you both have other trousers as well, or did you have to wear just your undies when the other had the jeans?

DID YOU WASH THEM FIRST?????????????????????????/ could be wrong but i understand many people have been in rods pants????????????

Hi folks, its going to be a funny thread.

Anyway as you all may have recognized English is not my mother tongue,

but if you look at e-bay.com, the specific pair of Levis (where Rod and I have been in) is now on sale. Unfortunately the pants we shared are still in use by Mr. Rod Stewart and I was told to get them a.s.a.p. As soon as they arrive by UPS, I'll offer them at e-bay as well.

All the best from Robert who was keel hauled for wearing a pair of Levis on a ship with 1000 feet of length.

Hi folks, its going to be a funny thread.

Anyway as you all may have recognized English is not my mother tongue,

I for one didn't recognise that English isn't your mother tongue. And I can assure you that if this board were in any language other than English, I'd still be working out what the first sentence I'd come across was!

Debbie,

That's odd. I thought they would make you walk the plank, and film it for some realism TV show.

Not sure where the following was actually posted. I didn't see it here, so I can only assume I must have missed the post, and I tried to catch up on all of the posts I missed while I was gone!

This was in the stories about the Star Princes Fire:

Maybe We Do Know the Cause -- A Little Levity to Heal the Spirit

redcarat.gif "I have it on good authority (another thread) that someone wearing jeans in the dining room (on formal night no less) Caused the whole thing. Friction from the jeans (they were very tight) caused enough heat that the offending party threw them overboard and, well, you can see the results." -- LivSea2

Karie,

Who now will not DARE to wear her (tight) jeans on the Labor Day cruise!

Archived