Baggage drop

Minniemop

13 minutes ago, Minniemop said:

How long before the flight leaves for Barbados does the baggage drop off close?

I have searched everywhere I can think of but cannot find an answer so I'm hoping someone here will know.

Which airport please?

27 minutes ago, Minniemop said:

Gatwick 

We normally take the 2nd daily flight leaving 11.30ish and our check in opens 8.30 or thereabouts, we have wandered along for a look at 7.30 and the preceding flight is taking stragglers before closing.  Generally we drop our bags dead on 8.30 and go back to the on site hotel for breakfast. With fast track we go through about 1 hour 15 minutes before flight and more or less direct to gate.  Had added benefits last year as there were serious delays so we stayed in hotel room rather than sitting in terminal. 

14 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

We normally take the 2nd daily flight leaving 11.30ish and our check in opens 8.30 or thereabouts, we have wandered along for a look at 7.30 and the preceding flight is taking stragglers before closing.  Generally we drop our bags dead on 8.30 and go back to the on site hotel for breakfast. With fast track we go through about 1 hour 15 minutes before flight and more or less direct to gate.  Had added benefits last year as there were serious delays so we stayed in hotel room rather than sitting in terminal. 

Thank you so much for the reply! So does the bag drop close 2 hrs before the flight leaves? 

1 minute ago, AlanCruise said:

Check in typically closes about 45 mins before flight departure - but may depend on the airline and airport. But you should aim to be there the 2 hours before to allow for delays and queues.

Thank you Allan! We are flying from Gatwick with the new airline p&o have started using this year but have to take an early morning flight from Dublin so are trying to figure out how long we will have to get from one flight to the bag drop before it closes incase or delays leaving Dublin. 

I actually feel the plan should be to get to the check in desk for 2 hours before - allowing for reasonable delays on the way.  Not aiming to be there at 2 hours if all goes well - so often end up more like 3 hours before.  If on another flight before you should probably allow at least 4 hours and note that flight schedules can change.

3 minutes ago, AlanCruise said:

I actually feel the plan should be to get to the check in desk for 2 hours before - allowing for reasonable delays on the way.  Not aiming to be there at 2 hours if all goes well - so often end up more like 3 hours before.  If on another flight before you should probably allow at least 4 hours and note that flight schedules can change.

Thank you for you help Alan, it much appreciated 

12 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Yes 2 hours as Alan said, no later.  Might be worth buying the fact track if you aren't PE. It's,m £5 each in advance. 

Thank you so much for your help Megabear2. Its our first cruise so are trying to make sure we plan everything right. Is the fast track so you get through security quicker?

8 minutes ago, Minniemop said:

Thank you so much for your help Megabear2. Its our first cruise so are trying to make sure we plan everything right. Is the fast track so you get through security quicker?

Yes.  Special gate with small queue. We've never taken more than 5-7 minutes to go straight through and that's been Christmas, New Year and kids holiday times. If you're worried about time it's pretty good. I've just checked and unfortunately they've put the cost up since August.

https://www.gatwickairport.com/premium-services/premium-passport-control-pps.html

13 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Yes.  Special gate with small queue. We've never taken more than 5-7 minutes to go straight through and that's been Christmas, New Year and kids holiday times. If you're worried about time it's pretty good. I've just checked and unfortunately they've put the cost up since August.

https://www.gatwickairport.com/premium-services/premium-passport-control-pps.html

Thank you