Our Grand Adventure

budaman

Hey Deb!

Cozumel was & still is my favorite. I feel the most comfortable there, kind of like that favorite old chair or pair of sneakers, so I tend to relax & enjoy the dives more there.

Mike

nice video!! Looks like you had some nice dives. We were in the western Carribean in June. We dove Belize and Grand Caymen. I think I would try Belize and Cozumel next time. I loved Belize tho. We just came back from Kona Hawaii and had some fantastic dives there. THe water is a little cooler tho.

Hi Ardie....Love GC also. We were there the end of Oct. and had a week of great diving....even saw my first Reef Shark.

Dove Kona in Sept. '04. Once you get used to the lack of coral, it provides a great dive as the fish show up so much better! Did the night Manta dive with Kona Coast Divers..... a must do if you go back. Have video of that also that I just took off the sight.

Mike

Hey Mike

We did the night dive also but we did it with Kona Honu. They took a video for us and it was incredible. We dove Kona in 2003 also. We dove with Kona Honu and Jack's Dive Locker. Jack's did our video that year. It was a bit more money but a nice video. It is so great to have a video to remember your experience.

We did 4 dives the day we did the Manta dive. That made the last dive a bit cold for me. We wore full 3 mil suits but after 3 other dives and being at night...I would stick to 2 dives in the future.

We did get to hear the wales sing while we were diving and saw a whole "field" of garden eels. That was pretty cool. Lots of fish too. No sharks tho. Too bad!! We just bought a new digital camera and got lots of nice pictures. Also used our MX10 and got some great Manta pictures. All in all a great vacation.

Also when you go back To the big island just south of Kona be sure to check out The Place of Refuge also know as Two Steps. It is a shore dive and often times the spinner dolphins come in very close to shore and interact with the divers, probably one of the best dives I'll ever do. Just go down to about 45ft and let them swirl around you. There are always turtles around for people that want to see them up close and photograph them. http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/Hawaii/TBI/Place_of_Refuge/index.htm

That is one of our favorite spots to snorkle. Hate to say it because it kind of sounds mean, but it's fun watching folks try to get in that don't know about the steps:p

1841610-R1-048-22A.jpg.ad2333eb7650a70b6ca7eccd27f2a4ad.jpg

Thanks for the video's ...you must have been boarding when I was being "thrown" off on the 11th......sure hated to leave..got my open water c card while on board with Alison and Ernie...great folks...did our open water in Playa del carma at Paamul and 3 dives in Cozumel at Sunset Beach.....can't wait to go back...thinking about Christmas and diving the Blue Hole in Belize. I'm going to Crystal Springs Florida to dive Devil's Den and Blue Grotto next month so we'll see.

Archived