Camp Carnival Details

bensmom1

1. Does Camp Carnival have kiddie-sized potties?

2. Will the counselors re-apply sunscreen, or does that count as a medication that parents need to apply? Or maybe it's not necessary--how much time do they spend insdoors / outdoors?

3. Is it correct that counselors don't take kids to the kiddie pool?

4. Our 3.5-year old still takes naps (thank God!) but I imagine we'll need to take him back to the room for that? The Carnival Capers don't mention an afternoon naptime for the 2-5 group.

Thanks!

Hi there,

We were on the Destiny in December 2005 so I'm not sure if all ships are the same. Our daughter was 5 at the time.

They did have child size toilets but not actual potties.

The children were never taken outside so there was no need for sunscreen.

Same thing for the pool. You have to go to the pool with your child.

There's no actual nap time. I recommend that you plan your shore excursions around your child's nap or try to give him or her a nap right after lunch until 2 pm and then drop them off at camp.

Good luck!

My children were way past the napping faze by the time they hit 3.5, but while in Camp Carnival I often saw little ones napping when I came to pick up my kids. They usually have a quiet area with tv's and movies for the little ones who are tired. You might talk to a counselor before hand about whether napping in Camp Carnival is a good idea. Around summer time, spring break, and christmas the place is packed and probably too loud for naps. But at times when school is in session, the place isn't near so crowded and quiet time is very possible. You'll get a chance to meet the camp counselors and discuss it on the first day of the cruise when they have an open house.:)

Archived