Carnival Venezia November 4- November 15 2024

On 6/4/2024 at 9:47 AM, We cruise a lot couple said:

Hi we are Michael and Gail  Southern California Visiting family in New York. Hope we can get a few  interested in a Meet and Greet.  I would be happy to start that if you all want to meet up.

mike4gail@yahoo.com

Taxi tours in st Thomas see taxi dispatcher outside they put you in 20 pass open air buses . We’ll be glad to come  to meet and greet jeff and leesa from  Cortlandt manor , ny  3 rd time on venezia

• 1 month later...

We are considering the private van excursion in Amber Cove.  It is about $300 for up to 10 people.  We are looking for someone with kids to share this with.  There will be four of us - My wife and I and our two boys 11 and 13.  If anyone is interested let me know.

15 hours ago, Tom H. said:

We are considering the private van excursion in Amber Cove.  It is about $300 for up to 10 people.  We are looking for someone with kids to share this with.  There will be four of us - My wife and I and our two boys 11 and 13.  If anyone is interested let me know.

Which company and which tour are you looking at

There are 2 of us ( no kids) 

On 8/15/2024 at 3:18 PM, CGinMTL said:

Which company and which tour are you looking at

There are 2 of us ( no kids) 

It is the shore excursion on the Carnival website titled "Private Van - Your Day, Your Way" in Amber Cove

On 8/17/2024 at 3:51 AM, Tom H. said:

It is the shore excursion on the Carnival website titled "Private Van - Your Day, Your Way" in Amber Cove

Thanks Tom

What were you thinking your family would like to do ?

We have never been to this port, so would like to see some of the highlights 

• 4 weeks later...

I am traveling solo and interested in specialty dining on 2 evenings for sure. Solo travelers have to pay double so if anyone is interested in a friendly dinner together, let me know. Some things are filling up already. I am most interested in the Steakhouse, Chef's table and Italian restaurant.

20 hours ago, olderfle said:

I am traveling solo and interested in specialty dining on 2 evenings for sure. Solo travelers have to pay double so if anyone is interested in a friendly dinner together, let me know. Some things are filling up already. I am most interested in the Steakhouse, Chef's table and Italian restaurant.

Why would solo pay double ? Seems silly to me.

If 2 solo eat together, are they paying for 4 ?

Just now, olderfle said:

What I meant to say is if I book the steakhouse for myself I have to pay double as all restaurants only have tables for 2 or more. The chef's table for example is $140(including gratuity) and it is $280 for a solo which more than I want to pay.

2 hours ago, CGinMTL said:

Why would solo pay double ? Seems silly to me.

If 2 solo eat together, are they paying for 4 ?

You pay more as a solo cruiser for your stateroom, as it is double occupancy. You do not pay more for specialty dining meals, as that is a per person expense. 

44 minutes ago, olderfle said:

What I meant to say is if I book the steakhouse for myself I have to pay double as all restaurants only have tables for 2 or more. The chef's table for example is $140(including gratuity) and it is $280 for a solo which more than I want to pay.

That is not correct. Specialty dining is a per person cost. Not a double occupancy cost. You would pay the double occupancy fee for your stateroom though, if you are traveling solo. 

7 minutes ago, Zingy2 said:

That is not correct. Specialty dining is a per person cost. Not a double occupancy cost. You would pay the double occupancy fee for your stateroom though, if you are traveling solo. 

When I went to book excursions and Specialty dining, The dining charged me double so I called them and she told me there are no solo tables on any of their cruises. It is double even if I walked in on short notice while on the cruise. 

Just now, olderfle said:

When I went to book excursions and Specialty dining, The dining charged me double so I called them and she told me there are no solo tables on any of their cruises. It is double even if I walked in on short notice while on the cruise. 

I did not pay double as they have singles promotions for a limited number of cabins. But when I called, they told me I would need to pay double for specialty dining.

3 minutes ago, olderfle said:

That does not sound logical at all.  I would check in at the venue you are wanting to try, once you board the ship. When we book a specialty dining venue online, we can choose either of us or both of us to dine. There is no double charge if only one of us goes to a given specialty dining venue. Sound like a glitch in the system and an uninformed customer service representative. Hopefully, they can work this out for you. 

I agree with you guys but even though I have been on many cruises,this is the first one solo so I believed her.

I would like to ask a favor. If anyone has a little extra time, could you try and book the steakhouse solo and see if you get a different result. I know that is a lot to ask but I am just curious. Thanks. Starting to get excited!

12 hours ago, olderfle said:

I agree with you guys but even though I have been on many cruises,this is the first one solo so I believed her.

I would like to ask a favor. If anyone has a little extra time, could you try and book the steakhouse solo and see if you get a different result. I know that is a lot to ask but I am just curious. Thanks. Starting to get excited!

I’ve posted a query on John Heald’s FB page regarding this matter. Hopefully, we’ll get a response from either John or Jacinta regarding what you’ve encountered. I’ll post the response here, if/when it is received.

52 minutes ago, Zingy2 said:

I’ve posted a query on John Heald’s FB page regarding this matter. Hopefully, we’ll get a response from either John or Jacinta regarding what you’ve encountered. I’ll post the response here, if/when it is received.

Here is the message thread on John Heald's FB page for 13 Sep 24, regarding this issue and his subsequent response:  

Original Post to John:  Greetings John. A question if you please: Is it an accurate statement to say solo cruisers are required to pay double the price, when making a solo specialty restaurant or Chef's Table reservation? The reason I ask is that we have a solo cruiser on our November 2024 Venezia cruise, who tried to make Steakhouse/Chef's Table reservations online and was going to be charged double the normal price to do so, because they were traveling solo. While the individual understands having to pay the double occupancy price for the stateroom, they do not understand the rationale for having to pay twice as much for a specialty meal, simply because they are traveling alone. The individual subsequently contacted CCL directly and was advised there were no "solo" tables on any of the cruise ships for specialty dining, therefore, they would be charged double the price. This seems very unusual to me. Could you please clarify the issue for me (us), so perhaps I can point the person in the proper direction for a resolution to their issue? Thank you for your time. Have a great day!

John's Response:  No, that is absolutely 100% not true. They do not have to pay double just for the one person. So I’m not quite sure what happened here so please do give my colleagues a telephone call if this is still having problems with this but absolutely 100% no, you do not need to pay for two people, sending you my best wishes and I will be here if you need anything else.

My return Response thank you John. I will pass the information along to the person. Also, CCL IT may want to look at the method solo cruisers book specialty dining reservations online under their cruise booking. This area seemed to have been the initiation point for the problem. Thank you again.

Hope this is helpful to you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zingy2 said:

Here is the message thread on John Heald's FB page for 13 Sep 24, regarding this issue and his subsequent response:  

Original Post to John:  Greetings John. A question if you please: Is it an accurate statement to say solo cruisers are required to pay double the price, when making a solo specialty restaurant or Chef's Table reservation? The reason I ask is that we have a solo cruiser on our November 2024 Venezia cruise, who tried to make Steakhouse/Chef's Table reservations online and was going to be charged double the normal price to do so, because they were traveling solo. While the individual understands having to pay the double occupancy price for the stateroom, they do not understand the rationale for having to pay twice as much for a specialty meal, simply because they are traveling alone. The individual subsequently contacted CCL directly and was advised there were no "solo" tables on any of the cruise ships for specialty dining, therefore, they would be charged double the price. This seems very unusual to me. Could you please clarify the issue for me (us), so perhaps I can point the person in the proper direction for a resolution to their issue? Thank you for your time. Have a great day!

John's Response:  No, that is absolutely 100% not true. They do not have to pay double just for the one person. So I’m not quite sure what happened here so please do give my colleagues a telephone call if this is still having problems with this but absolutely 100% no, you do not need to pay for two people, sending you my best wishes and I will be here if you need anything else.

My return Response thank you John. I will pass the information along to the person. Also, CCL IT may want to look at the method solo cruisers book specialty dining reservations online under their cruise booking. This area seemed to have been the initiation point for the problem. Thank you again.

John Heald provided an additional response regarding this issue, after I posted his original response to me on FB,  Here is is:

John Heald

Thank you I’ll pass this along. I’m very glad you asked the question though because I don’t want any solo cruiser to ever think that. So thank you again and I will be here if you need me.

2 hours ago, Zingy2 said:

Just now, olderfle said:

Thanks a million for taking the time to do this. That was so nice of you. It is a little confusing why she was so confident in her answer but I will make some phone calls. Thanks again!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, olderfle said:

Thanks a million for taking the time to do this. That was so nice of you. It is a little confusing why she was so confident in her answer but I will make some phone calls. Thanks again!