Is there a limit to 'rebooking' when the price drops? HELP

Unfortunately you are at the mercy of your TA who booked this cruise for you. Is this TA solo or part of an agency? If they are

part of an agency I would run it up the chain  of command and see what a supervisor would say. It’s not fun to wait until after the weekend to get an answer, though. I would ask the supervisor if they have a plan in place for a necessity that occurs outside business hours.

You seem to be very good at checking the website for information and price drops. For your next cruise, you’ll be good at booking

everything!

I don’t use a TA for a few reasons. First,

I like to have something in place on my time and not be waiting for an email, text, or call.  Second, the one time I used a TA she forgot to make final payment on my Alaska sailing. A TA has to juggle multiple bookings and clients. I only have to worry about my own bookings. 

We have not used a travel agent for years - I prefer to do my own research and booking and dealing directly with the cruise line.  We have had some cruises with price drops several times following our deposit date - so we call, and get the lower rate.  They never notify us of a price drop, but I do check once in awhile. Lately it seems the rate keeps going up and I'm glad I don't have to increase our cost. 🙂

On 11/11/2023 at 9:09 AM, Happytime22 said:

What really can be expected from a GOOD TA?  This way I am NOT unrealistic with expectations.

My expectations from myself. Price drop protection and also looking for upgrades for the same price (or within approved amount from my client before changing), extra perks, quick reply to all questions, up to date information, cruise planner price checks(per request), follow up on any issues in a prompt manner and more...these are just the basics I would expect.

10 hours ago, Dillybelle said:

Unfortunately you are at the mercy of your TA who booked this cruise for you. Is this TA solo or part of an agency? If they are

part of an agency I would run it up the chain  of command and see what a supervisor would say. It’s not fun to wait until after the weekend to get an answer, though. I would ask the supervisor if they have a plan in place for a necessity that occurs outside business hours.

You seem to be very good at checking the website for information and price drops. For your next cruise, you’ll be good at booking

everything!

I don’t use a TA for a few reasons. First,

I like to have something in place on my time and not be waiting for an email, text, or call.  Second, the one time I used a TA she forgot to make final payment on my Alaska sailing. A TA has to juggle multiple bookings and clients. I only have to worry about my own bookings. 

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with your former TA. We are all not like that. However forgetting a final payment would have been my final straw as well.