Acetate/Spandex Travel Clothes?

I was wondering about about this material for formal night. I have a twin set in the blend that is decorated by glitter that I had I purchased a while ago. I just found a swingy tea length black skirt in the same fabric that I thought I'd wear with it but I'm not sure it's approriate for formal night. What do you all think?

Thanks!

What you're describing is what I would wear to a semi-formal event, if your ship has those, it would be perfect. It's kind of hard to say, without seeing just how dressy the tops are. If you feel formally dressed and your travel partner is dressed in a complimentary way (I did not say matching!), you might very well be just fine.

I have a few pieces of travel knit, they're great. I have 2 longer length skirts that I have paired a couple of times with a more formal top and worn to formal nights. The travel knit pants are wonderful for casual nights, paired with a variety of tops. My next short cruise, I have plans to wear the pants 3 nights in a row, washing after the second wear, plus, I'll probably wear them a 4th night at the port town.

So, the beauty of it is, you could find more casual tops and get a few wearings out of the skirt!

I think you'll be fine. Since formal wear is a suggestion and not a requirement, you will find that you see everything on formal night from casual to formal, formal. For our first cruise, I bought 2 long gowns and loved them, but boy were they a pain to pack. Last cruise and this cruise also, it's cocktail dresses that require very little care.

Archived