Shore Excursion Sale - Rebooking Question

zestyzorra

Hello!  A few of my booked shore excursions have gone on sale for Black Friday, but they are sold out.  (Not sure why they are advertising the lower price when the excursion isn't available, but that's Celebrity for you.)

Has anyone had luck cancelling and rebooking at the lower rate?  I am nervous to do it because I really want to go on these excursions and in some cases, there are no other excursions available in port.  

I've also been on hold for an hour now trying to reprice with an agent.... 

I'd love to know if anyone else was able to cancel and rebook immediately and still get the excursion, just at the lower rate.  How long does it take for the spots you've cancelled to reappear for sale?  Or is this not worth the risk?  

TIA!

• Like 1

I was able to cancel and rebook 6 excursions during the big sale last September.   The process went smoothly, took only a couple minutes for each excursion, my OBC was available for re-use immediately, and the refunds appeared on my credit card account within a few days.  BUT - none of my excursions were sold out at the time I did this.  Even so, I was still worried about losing my spot during the process, but for each port I had an alternative choice in mind, and the savings were significant.

Some of them are a bit cheaper now under the current sale, but I am done making changes.   I don't want to push my luck of something selling out during the process.  If I were you and really wanted those excursions, I would keep trying to talk to an agent in order not to lose your spot on a sold-out excursion.  Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1