Pacific Sky - April 15th - Tickets Arriving???

TANRO02

Hopefully those of you on this cruise are starting to hear from TA's or P&O that tickets are becoming available:).

I picked mine up last Friday :D, but the people we are travelling with, haven't received theirs yet :mad: (and all were paid for on the same day:eek:, but they have flights attached so that may cause a delay in processing , they are also later alphabetically, ... who knows what the reason may be). Still we have plenty of time

The ticket package we received DIDN'T include tour pre-booking sheets, but did include the insert about the change to the alcohol policy (if P&O can forget one form ... maybe I can forget the other ... sounds fair to me).

Luckily I had rung P&O a few days earlier, to be told they "aren't doing pre-booking for Asia" , so I suggested to the girl on the phone (politely)that on certain websites I visited (i.e. This One) it appeared they did in fact have pre-booking sheets and further, that customers contacting P&O were getting different answers depending who at P&O they spoke to:p.

Showing "good" customer service, she went to check with a supervisor and miracle of miracles, yes they did have pre booking sheets,... but only for the seven day cruises on the East and West coast not the 14 day cruise I had rung about (.....No I kid you not!). After explaining the concept of back to back cruises she agreed to fax these out to me. After two days (and no faxes) another call to P&O (Richard I think it was:cool yielded the precious but elusive forms.

Persistence pays off (and a little knowledge helps)! Now I just have to convince them to accept the pre booking requests!

The excitement builds....

Rod

Hi

We are on the same cruise. We don't have our tickets yet but through the wonderful efforts of people on here (and a couple of calls to P&O) worked out the cost of each tour. I booked all our shore excursions last Saturday, for both the East and West coast and they emailed me the confirmation form. So if they give you any other story, just persist!

Hi Liz. I will certianly do that, but you never know I may be totally surprised and everthing work like clock work. Your tickets can't be too far off

Looks like we have a good collection on this cruise, by my reckoning apart from yourself there's BigPud, Sisters on the Sea, Howsey and PerthSkyCruiser (as well as my three)

Just got to hope the ship works like clockwork too! Knowing my luck we'll be stranded and miss Bangkok or something!

P&O on Saturday said tickets may still be a couple of weeks away yet, as we booked direct with them, but they have given us our flights.

Have you decided what tours you are doing?

Definitely sort of decided! Probably Malaca by Trishaw, won't pre book,

Half Day KL Highlights probably pre-book, Langkawi Air Trek morning will pre book (then maybe the Cable car on our own) and the girls will do Pulau Payar Marine Park (Pre book), Phuket still coosing between three (will pre book), Penang Trishaw (pre book), Singapore Cablecar to Sentosa for the day, Koh Samui, Discovery Elephanant Trek (Pre book), Bangkok on our own rooms booked at Padthuwam Princess near MBK plan to do most of the things on Grand Bangkok tour, Kuantan play it by ear, then some shopping in Singapore to fill in the time (or maybe Changi) before heading home.

What about you?

Hi Rod,no we haven't got our tickets yet!!The painful P & O company said it was Singapore Airlines that were holding up the process.So its a waiting game.Of course they wont say alot as we booked thru a TA.I am worried by the time we get our shore booking form all the popular ones will have gone.:eek: I am cross with P & O because even tho they said our cabins would be moved closer together nearer to sailing they haven't and may not be.The TA and I have explained we have CHILDREN in the second cabin and they need to be next to or opposite us.At the moment they are 13 cabins down.

What cabins/deck is everyone else on?

Pippa

Hi all

I have received my sisters tickets but not my own, however I think the hold up is with flights as my sister is meeting my in Singapore from the UK. There was also a tour pre-booking sheet in with her pack so was at least able to work off that.

With regards to cabins etc - we haven't yet been assigned and we booked direct with P&O so who knows.

Not long to go now - just need to buy a swimsuit and I am all set.

Look forward to meeting you all on the ship!

Rebecca:)

Pippa,

We are on Dolphin Deck (and haven't moved since we originally booked).

Our TA said the other couples tickets should be available by the end of the week. (Their flight are Qantas).

I sent an email to my TA listing the tours I wanted to pre-book and had a confirmation email within the hour (things are starting to look up).

Have you got the tour reservation form from P&O? They only seem to be able to fax it out, but I can scan and email to you quite easily if that helps. The booklet that comes with the tickets adds additional info over and above the fantastic work that Sarah did originally putting the information up here, which led us to change one of the tours.

Rod, we are on baja deck but I rang P & O and they said they allocate cabins 20 days before sailing.They wont give me any info re tours so I am perusing Sarahs info and would appreciate it if you could sent the info you suggested.Could you email the booking form.P & O said I could fax it back.What tours have you picked?

Pippa

Pippa,

Can do. It scanned as 3 pdf documents but each is bigger than the max attachment size on this board. If you send an email to tanro02@ca.com I'll reply with the 3 pages during the day.

Your TA should be fighting those battles with P&O for you. I just sent the tour codes to my TA and she arranged the booking with P&O then faxed me the confirmations (within the hour). If there a particular tours you'd like additional info on I can probably scan a few of those as well. One page per tour in the booklet.

The tours we are doing are those I listed earlier in the thread, except I ended up pre-booking them all. In Phuket decided to do the Island Hopping and Canoe (My wife will like this as the guides do all the paddling!). Have also just arranged Breakfast with Orang Utan on the Saturday morning we set sail (15th) so that should be a very full day.

Rod

Make sure you prebook the Airtrek canopy tour, it was the one tour we wanted to do, but didn't get our tickets until 2 days before we sailed out so couldn't prebook no matter how much I phoned them. Then when we got on the ship and literally went straight to the booking office we got the last two spots on the afternoon session. But it didn't matter as we were on the stranded Pacific Sky and our tour was cancelled which we found 9pm the night before we were meant to do it!!!

I bet it will be a great tour. Make sure to plan what you want to do in each Port, especially Langkawi and Penang, if you don't know you're way around do research as there isn't much on the boat to help you. In langkawi, we all got a shuttle to Cenang Beach, dropped off at 9am and there wasn't anything in site and we had no idea where we were. Fortunately most people were in the same situation and everyone seemed to group off and get minivan cabs to anywhere!!!

Have fun, hope the ship goes fine for you all.

Hi Mands,

That was the main one I wanted to pre-book and I am now confirmed on it! In Langkawi we have booked for the morning session with the idea we'll do the Cable car as well (still to work out if the two are close together). The girls are doing an all day tour out to the marine park.

I presume we berth at the Star Cruise Terminal in the South West?

The Air treking appears to be near Gunung Raya in the Centre of Langkawi so I'd think all we need to worry about is after the Air Trek tour drops us back, how to get up to Gunung Mat Cincang in the North West.

Did you get a minivan? If so what was the cost?

As for planning the other ports, it's pretty well all done.

BTW Did P&O offer any compensation for the stuff-up?

Rod

We got $350 each back and some free drinks with dinner but that's all at this stage, people were pretty cranky about it, understandably to. Better than nothing though. Most people were writing letters when we got back.

We docked at the star cruise port, however they said they wouldn't normally it was just that we didn't have much time there.

We all got a minivan to some shopping centre near the big eagle, which was about 30 mins out and it was about 36 ringit all up, so 6 ring per person. Bargain!

Hi Tealbirds, this is a bit of a non-commital answer.

The policy used to be one bottle per adult in the room. But since Mid January they are supposed to have changed to no alcohol. We have been on 2 cruises since it was introduced and both times we took aboard alcohol with no problem.

I am not sure what is happening now. Hopefully someone will let us know what has been happening on their cruises.

Hi Tealbirds, this is a bit of a non-commital answer.

The policy used to be one bottle per adult in the room. But since Mid January they are supposed to have changed to no alcohol. We have been on 2 cruises since it was introduced and both times we took aboard alcohol with no problem.

I am not sure what is happening now. Hopefully someone will let us know what has been happening on their cruises.

It would be great if you could still bring on alcohol. I suppose P&O just wants to make more money.:confused:

Well we took on a bottle of Vodka and a bottle of Bourbon, no-one checked because when you get to Changi Airport, they have all the shuttle buses ready to pick you up, you put your luggage on the bus, and they take it straight to your cabin, no worries.

That was only 2 weeks ago!

Does anyone know what the theme nights will be for the asian cruises? :confused: The handbook just gives a few of the usual options but nothing definate. This is my first cruise and the whole 'theme night' idea is freaking me out a bit:eek: .

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bec

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know what the theme nights will be for the asian cruises? :confused: The handbook just gives a few of the usual options but nothing definate. This is my first cruise and the whole 'theme night' idea is freaking me out a bit:eek: .

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bec

Bec, just got back from B2B, depending on how many nights you're on, you'll either get 2 or 4 formal nights, 2 island nights (excellent nights), 2 country and western night (1 was at Bangkok and other at Penang) 2 PJ nights (fab fun). I wouldn't bother with dressing up for C&W night, but the other nights, make the most of it. We had a ball.:D

Kerri

Hi everyone,

This is my 3rd attempt to post. Maybe it has something to do with the lateness of the hour and perhaps I should not have had that last red.

Anyhow, I completely agree with Kerri in that "theme" nights are really optional and the only ones that everyone dressed for were formal and Island (and that was really just accessorising in most cases). Country and Western and the PJ party were just something that was happening after dinner and, as such, only those who wanted to be in it, went to the trouble to dress for it, after dinner. So the message is, wear what you feel comfortable in, and ENJOY. ;) ;)

Hi Kerri

;) ;) Lainie

Archived