The Boatyard information

Sunniebgi

I have just spoken to someone at the Boatyard who tells me that you pay a set price and you get use of the facilities including restaurant, showers, etc.. beach chairs, water toys etc.. and 1 free cocktail. Sometimes they have specials where they include a glass bottom boat ride.

Apparently they no longer give you tokens in exchange for the price of admission.

I am writing this in response to a question and a situation another poster had.

So.. make the decision to go or not. I say the food is too expensive (more than some places in Barbados).. and the beach is free anyway. You can go to better beaches and have just as good a time.

So is it $12.00 per person (adult or child) and for the $12.00 you get a lounge chair each and a free drink and get to use the "water toys". Do I have it right?

If so, can anybody recommend an other beach that would be good for kids 12-17 that would have some watersports of some kind. Somebody mentioned silver moon. How far is that from the pier and what is there? Thanks for any info? Leaving in 3 weeks.

We just got back from the Serenade yesterday. The Boatyard was our favorite beach that we went to. It cost $12 admission. That covered a chair, one free drink and use of the facilities. I also got an umbrella for $3 more. The toys are two water trampolines and an iceburg (blowup) to swim out to and play on. It also has a rope swing on the pier to swing out into the ocean. Very clean beach very safe beach and easy to get to. It was also a gradual slope to the water not a big drop off as some beaches are. Loved Barbados and I am sure you will love what ever beach you go to!:)

Karen,

The boatyard would have lots of watersports.. Kayaks, sailboats, jetskis etc.. all at additional cost (well maybe not the Kayaks). The beach is situated at Carlisle Bay. You should find no shortage of things for a 12-17yr old to do.

have a great time

Archived