Live from the Valor

Wennfred

Fred, like many others I’d like to thank you for all of the great info and pics you have provided us with so far. It seems like every time I check the boards you have more pictures and information posted and your mini-reviews have been great. As a future cruiser on the Valor your threads have been very helpful and we have really enjoyed being able to enjoy a cruise through your words and pictures.

John

Thanks John, I had a blast posting this tread and taking these pictures:)

IMG_8377_400x600.jpg

Can you go into more detail about the transfers you purchased from the pursers desk - did you pre arrange those or do they have them available for anyone who needs a ride back to MIA?

On the last day at Sea they will post on a board by the pursers desk and also a flyer they leave you in your cabin with various excursions while in Miami, you can always go to the pursers desk any time of the week to purchase these transfers to Miami Airport or FLL.

Fred

Wennfred I have enjoyed seeing a review of the Valor from the Western Itinerary. We were on Valor for the eastern cruise end of February. Your pics were great! We will have to try those ports of call sometime. I loved your "new friend" pic.

MIsharona:

Sorry I saw many buckets of beers and forgot to ask how much they were.

MIsharona - end of February they were $19 and some odd change with the gratuity included.

Fred,

I saw on another board that you were posting the Capers. Thanks so much. We have a small group currently on the Roll Call boards and we are trying to decide on a place to meet after the muster drill. Any recommendations?

Fred,

I saw on another board that you were posting the Capers. Thanks so much. We have a small group currently on the Roll Call boards and we are trying to decide on a place to meet after the muster drill. Any recommendations?

A good spot where everyone can see the ship off is on Deck 10 aft, Thats where the rails are, Deck 9 Aft is enclosed with windows. So if they go back on deck 9 Lido deck aft where the spas are, then just go up the ladder and youre there, pick the corner that has the view of MacArthur Cswy and the nice homes

Hi Fred,

You mentioned that your room steward was going to show you a aft wrap balcony stateroom, did you get to see one? I am curious how they are set up as we have one on our upcoming cruise on the Valor. Thanks!

Michael

:eek: I couldn't believe it when I read something about a murder/body bag..... So was it a medical emergency or a domestic disturbance that ended horribly? I am just blown away. :eek: -Amanda

PS FRED, MY DH SAYS THANK YOU!!!! He was so happy to hear about he fountain. I am looking forward to your pics, will you be posting more? Thanks again!

Hi Fred,

You mentioned that your room steward was going to show you a aft wrap balcony stateroom, did you get to see one? I am curious how they are set up as we have one on our upcoming cruise on the Valor. Thanks!

Michael

No Sorry Michael, when we left our cabin, they folks were still sleeping so we couldnt get inside and take those picutures.

Fred, great review! It was interesting to see the day to day activities. What is the price of the Travelog? Have you watched it yet? Is it worth it?

The Travelog DVD Cost like 29.00 and I got the Ships bridge and engine DVD free with that.

Im going go watch the Travelog now, The main reason why I got it is to see what the other excursions look like, that will help me select my next excursion.

Fred

Fred,

We would be very interested in the 20D settings you used in low light situations such as the nightly shows. Would you mind posting them here?

Thanks,

Amanda and Jason

The following is what I did:

TV Mode

ISO Speed 1600

WB White Balance to AWB

AF Mode to AI Focus or AI Servo

Drive Mode to single shot

Exposure Compensation to Center

Shutter Speed between 20 and 40

If you have your TV Mode settings like this, then all you have to adust is the Shutter speed and experiment with that in a dark room.

Lens was the Sigma 70-300mm zoom

Hope that helps

Fred

hey all teens on the valor, sailing on 4-9-06. my name is alyssa & im from california. im going on the cruise in a few weeks & i wasnt able to bring a friend. im hoping to find some other teen who is in my position to maybe meet up with.. im 13 & any girls who would like to meet up around the same age who are also sailing on the same week, please reply. hoping to find someone who can have fun & chill, lets myspace before we meet up.

-ALYSSA

One thing that came to mind was that I didnt notice too many kids on this Cruise, and the ones I ran into were very well behaved, I was surprised to see kids hold the elevator doors for people etc. We a great set of kids onboard this cruise. To all the Mommies on the Valor, Thanks :)

Wennfred, I've spent the morning reading this awesome review! We were on the Carnival Conquest last December which is a sister ship of the Valor. Your review & pictures brought back great memories of the meals, fish & chips on the deck above the buffet and that sinful Chocolate Buffet! I even saw the Moby Dick boat in Grand Cayman that we were on in your picture of your stingray tour, the one on the far right. As for your cabin, we were in one of those wrap around aft 9A cabins, 8455 & your room looked just as roomy if not more so than ours.

I am so looking forward to being your shipmate on our upcoming Mexican Riviera Pride cruise. How fortunate we are to have such a concientious & helpful cruise critic member in our rollcall group!

The room we saw and inspected was a bit larger and roomier. The room has kinda an odd angle, like a wedge shape. Lots and lots of room on the Balcony. Maybe 10 or more folks. No couch in the ones we looked at. That seems odd. And I don't remember any extra drawers for your things.

I also have to agree that the few kids we saw on board were great kids. The week before we had a lot more kids on baoad. But I also thought they were just being kids and having fun. Like pushing all the lift buttons. But hay I did the samething for our next door neighbor one night.

The most entertaining folks on the boat was the boys with the large foam cowboy hats, and the group that crossed dressed on one of the formal nights

We thought these boys were college students but heard later they were NYC firefighters. Do you know if that was true?

Wennfred I would Like to comment on the kids on the cruise! lol

I ran into alot of them. Walking down the stairwells and they were all sitting on the stairs and I would say excuse me, and one young lady responded back, "Well Excuse me" lol and just nudged over a little bit

My brother and sister in law were on their way to dinner and a 10 year old boy meets them in the elevator and says "Can I have 30 dollars" My brother almost fell over shocked at the rudeness lol!

I was also very upset to see the kids over crowding the adults only hot tub everytime I went to use it... not once did I get to use it =(

hey all teens on the valor, sailing on 4-9-06. my name is alyssa & im from california. im going on the cruise in a few weeks & i wasnt able to bring a friend. im hoping to find some other teen who is in my position to maybe meet up with.. im 13 & any girls who would like to meet up around the same age who are also sailing on the same week, please reply. hoping to find someone who can have fun & chill, lets myspace before we meet up.

-ALYSSA

Alyssa...there is a teen dance every night in the dance club. You may also want to check out the roll call board for the Valor and find th post for your week. There may be others there that would not find your post here so easily.:D

Wennfred I would Like to comment on the kids on the cruise! lol

I ran into alot of them. Walking down the stairwells and they were all sitting on the stairs and I would say excuse me, and one young lady responded back, "Well Excuse me" lol and just nudged over a little bit

My brother and sister in law were on their way to dinner and a 10 year old boy meets them in the elevator and says "Can I have 30 dollars" My brother almost fell over shocked at the rudeness lol!

I was also very upset to see the kids over crowding the adults only hot tub everytime I went to use it... not once did I get to use it =(

Wow, I didnt see those little weasels !!!, I would of ask them what cabin they were from then called their parents.

Archived