Celebrity - Century - April Sailing

Maddawg43

We are taking this cruise to the Western Caribbean on the 2nd and saw that a number of you folks have cruised before with Celebrity. We have cruise before but not with Celebrity - so I would like to know any little tidbits that would help us along - we are traveling with our children (teens up to 21). We would like to know onboard activities that would be helpful and also excursions (ports that we are traveling to) Jamaica, Costa Maya, Cozumel, George Town. If anyone is going to be on this cruise also - let us know - Thanks in Advance.

If you go back to the main Cruise Critic Connection board, there are threads on most of the different ports of call with lots of good information on activities, what people liked, what they didn't, how to get there, cost, etc.

Have a great cruise!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=60920

It took me about 3 hours to read thru this thread but it contained the most insight out of anything.

For the ports, go to the Port section and look for each specific port. I read thru to see what people enjoyed the most. And to see what our group of 5 would appreciate.

Jamaica and Cayman Islands were the most difficult to make decisions as there were just too many dang fantabulous activities to choose from. It looks like we will be back in these two locations for extended periods of time :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=315771

Radio is on this cruise right now. He's been posting photos. See the above thread. If you click on the link provided in his signature line, it takes you to his home page where you can find more photos.

He's gonna post the dailies when he gets home. Hopefully before "we" all leave :)

Though i haven't been myself you absolutely shouldn't miss Dunnes River Falls in Jamaica. Clients just returning said it was the best thing on their trip. You hike uyp to the top holding hands. Their three 18-22 yo boys thought it would be lame but they aLALL loved it.

In Caymen if you can you should see the stingrays if you never have. Booked on your own it is $40 pp. this is regulated so you won't get a beter price, they all charge the same. If you book on-shore you will have a smaller group than the ships group and maybe s snorkeling stop thrown in.

Last Fall we did Jamaica and GC and took independant tours we found on these boards under ports. Loved Jamaica - Went with Queen McBeam and she took us to Dunn's River Falls and tubing down another river. It was great and our teenagers loved it.

In GC we did the Stingray tour with Capt Bryan - Great catamaran and we had fun with the stingrays and then snorkling.

Hope you teenagers enjoy the cruise I know ours did.

Francine

My husband and I will be on the Century with our 2 children ages 7 and 10.

We have been on the Century before and really liked it. This is the first time we have taken our kids on a cruise. I am still planning what we will do in ports.

I have done the Duns River Falls and I was just okay to me. You climb up a slight incline of slippery rocks. If you do this bring water shoes! In Grand Cayman we snorkled on our own. In Cozumel we went to Chakkanaab bay which I think is still closed due to hurricane damage. The place I have never been is Costa Maya and I am the least sure of what to do there. No matter what you choose you will have a great expierience on the Century.

Archived