Anyone Actually been to Miami Ink

vesw01

and/or get tat? I would love to go and get a tattoo, but I keep reading that they are closed when people stop by. I would make an appt ahead of time (if they do that)...but wanted to see if anyone actually met them and what is was really like, before I moved ahead with the plan.

and/or get tat? I would love to go and get a tattoo, but I keep reading that they are closed when people stop by. I would make an appt ahead of time (if they do that)...but wanted to see if anyone actually met them and what is was really like, before I moved ahead with the plan.

My SO was wanting to get a tat last week when we were there.. but called and they were closed.... Seems they only open up later in the day..:(

Why would anyone get a tattoo on a cruise vacation?!?!:confused:

Just so you know, when you get a tattoo, you have to keep it out of water, slathered with antibiotic, and covered with a bandage for up to a week afterwards in order to not get scarring or an infection. And after that you're supposed to keep it out of the sun for a while.

None of this would go very well with a trip to the caribbean.:eek:

Maybe afterwards on the way home, then you can take care of it properly when you get home?

Maybe on an Alaska cruise, where you'll be covered up and not swimming in water?

Anyway, I wouldn't advise it...

CJW:)

This is just my personal opinion, but I wouldn't get a tattoo there just because they're on tv. When I first started thinking about getting my first, I seriously considered the hygene (sp?) of the parlor and the previous work of the artist.

Also, as CJW said, you have to keep it out of the sun and can't swim for a certain period of time. That'd definitely put a damper on my cruise vacation!

Archived