Tendering in Cayman Islands

JoeMini

Hello All,

I will be on the Conquest this summer and I have booked an outside tour with Nativeway. I know Carnival takes care of it's people who booked with them first, and then the other groups next.

I've read where it's no problem and such, but I was wondering for those cruisers who have been to Cayman Islands before, do you have any tips for us first timers for getting off the ship faster? I don't have a problem getting off early, wandering around, and waiting around if need be, I just don't want to miss our long awaited plans and day of fun.

Any suggestions or tips would greatly be appreciated...thanks

If your ship gives out tender tickets, get them ASAP. Also, go to the port talk, ussually held the day before. They may even start giving out tender tickets then or at least let you know when they'll start. Or go the money route. Book the cheapest excursion you can and then promptly forget to go on it once you get ashore, if you are indeed in that much of a hurry. ;) :rolleyes:

We were on the Liberty Feb/06 and we went to the talk before hand on where to meet, and how the tendering system works. We met in the Theatre and we were given a sticker with a number on it. They will not let you enter until your entire group is there, and you are ready to go. We only had to wait for about 5 minutes for a tender. They group you together with enough people to fill a tender, and then they walk you down in a group to get on the tender. Carnival has the system down pat, and it moved very fast and smooth. We tendered about 8:45am and our Nativeway tour was not until 10:30am. Where the ship was anchored and the tender in was only about a 4 -5 minute ride. Nativeway was there right on the dock to meet us and give us some shopping tips while we waited for our tour to begin. No worries about missing the tender, you will have lots of time if you go to your station early.

Good luck and enjoy Cayman Islands!

I will say the tendering in GC is better than any other port I've seen. They have it down as far as loading, unloading, and working the tenders. They run a whole lot oftenders at a time into that little harbor there and do it very fluidly and without tie-ups or jams. Try to see something like that duplicated eslewhere! The tender captains in Caymns have it down to a science.

Archived