Gluten Free Help

2BSailin

I hope this is not a repeat topic, but I have not been able to find this topic in Holland America.

My husband has just been diagnosed with Celiac Disease.  We sail on the Rotterdam in 

September 28th through October 27th and just wondering if anyone else has navigated this

challenge with Holland America or even on the Rotterdam.  Is there something we have to

do ahead of time? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

They are ready to handle dietary needs!  Let HAL or have your TA let them know.  Once on board,  see the maitre de, and you'll be given a menu a day ahead of time to choose your meal for the following day.  They galley has it down for things like this as long as they know ahead of time .

• Like 2

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/us/plan-a-cruise/get-ready-for-your-cruise/faq#undefined

What if I have food allergies?

For guests with food intolerances or allergies that are not life-threatening, please contact our Ship Services Department at (800) 541-1576. For guests with life-threatening food allergies, we ask that guests provide detailed information to our Guest Accessibility Department by completing a Special Requirements Information (SRI) Form. Guests should indicate on this form which foods may potentially cause a severe reaction.

Guests with a variety of severe food allergies sail with Holland America Line regularly. Our galley staff on board is accustomed to and experienced in dealing with these types of needs. The galley itself has many different areas of food preparation, which can help reduce the possibility of cross-contamination. It is important to note, however, that meals are prepared in mass quantities on board, thus there is always the possibility of some cross-contamination. As such, Holland America Line cannot guarantee that a guest will not come in contact with those items. Although our Guest Accessibility Department will provide the ship with an advance notice of all food allergies detailed on an SRI submitted to them, it is recommended that guests also contact the Dining Room Manager upon boarding to review the details of these special dietary needs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2