Vancouver Car Service

ACoupleAtSea

Depending on your luggage situation the simplest way to go might work - join the queue for cabs. Fixed price to the pier is CAD$41 per vehicle - but ~5 in 6 are Priuses, so while there are seats for 4 passengers the trunks may not handle all your bags if you each bring a big suitcase and a carry-on! The other 1 in 6 vehicle is a disabled accessible minivan, with middle seats removed (i.e still 4 pax seats) so if you are not traveling with someone in a wheelchair or scooter there is a ton of space for suitcases between the trunk and open floor space... but it's a bit random whether you will find a minivan rolling in when you are at the front of the queue! If there's nobody in a chair/scooter behind you that actually NEEDS the accessible van, regular folks sometimes get allocated accessible rooms aboard ship, there's no reason not to take one...

But if you want to be completely sure your vehicle will fit your people and luggage, you could use Lyft or Uber and request an XL vehicle - while pricier than a cab, unless here's a big surge adjustment it should cost less than 2 cabs! There's also the local app, Kabu, but odds are you already have at least one of Lyftuber installed so you may as well use what you're familiar with...

Limo services will be pricier again - since Aerocar died in the pandemic, there's no longer a specific franchise at YVR with fixed rate fares. We haven't used another limo service since, so can't recommend any specific ones I'm afraid, but the minimum hourly fee is CAD$75 for any limo operating legally in the region - and things like a 'meet & greet' fee to stand with a sign and takes your bags inside the airport is entirely up to each company, the lowest I've seen is an extra $50 (with max 30mins wait time - so if your flight is delayed you're on the hook for extra!). Given flight delays, customs/immigration processing etc. there's just so much randomness that I can't recommend prebooking a limo!

On 12/29/2023 at 9:18 AM, ACoupleAtSea said:

Hello - We are a family of 4 looking for a car service recommendation from YVR to Canada Place.  Any suggestions?

Does the cruise line that you are sailing on offer transfers? We are sailing on NCL, and I know that they do.