Tahitian Princess Questions

longduo

Have any of you done back to back Tahitian cruises? I see that some of the ports would be repeated, but after the long flight to Papeete, it seems to make sense to do both itineraries.

Do you recommend arriving a day before embarkation rather than arriving and going straight to the ship?

Has anyone ever had category CC or C, deluxe oceanview? It looks as if there are only 4 such cabins, but they appear to be the same size as the balcony cabins next to them so since they have no balcony the cabin must be larger. We have often booked balconies, but don't seem to use them much except for breakfast occasionally.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Longduo

Have any of you done back to back Tahitian cruises? I see that some of the ports would be repeated, but after the long flight to Papeete, it seems to make sense to do both itineraries.

Do you recommend arriving a day before embarkation rather than arriving and going straight to the ship?

Has anyone ever had category CC or C, deluxe oceanview? It looks as if there are only 4 such cabins, but they appear to be the same size as the balcony cabins next to them so since they have no balcony the cabin must be larger. We have often booked balconies, but don't seem to use them much except for breakfast occasionally.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Longduo

I highly recommend B2B on the TP, we did it a year ago and had a great time. Going back to the same ports is not a problem as we enjoyed the water so much, it didn't matter where we were. There are enough different things to do at each port.

We flew straight to the ship, no problem for us as we flew from California.

I don't know about the C and CC cabins, we had a BB balcony, a nice cabin. C and CC cabins appear to be the same size including the balcony, the Princess website says CC is approx 206 SF and the BC cabin next door is 216 SF incl balcony.

Hi there!

We also did a B2B on the TP and it was FABULOUS! we booked our own airfare on Air tahiti nui and actualy got better prices because we flew in early the first day (Princess will book you so that you basically lose your entire first day - plus you leave LAX mid day which is tougher on the body than leaving at midnight and sleeping) and then stayed an additional 3 days on Tahiti. By doing this we were able to fly on non-cruise passenger days. and our experience with FAA was much more relaxed.

From what our friends tell us the Airport was a ZOO when they got off the TP. it's a tiny airport and it is not equiped to deal with thousands of cruise passeners coming off the Paul Gaugan, wind star or which ever is there, and the TP.

I can't help you with the cabins - we had a typical balcony cabin :) But seeing as we had just paid for wedding and then spent a month in FP - we just didn't have the $$ I can tell you we were happy with our cabin.

Wystiria, thanks for the tip on booking our own air. It seems a shame that Princess would book people so that they miss the whole first day on the ship even if it stays in port. I agree flying thru the night would make it much easier to sleep.

Longduo

JLC, when did you do your B2B on TP in 2005? Since we live in Colorado it is most tempting to go Jan - Mar though it sounds like it could rain more and be more humid then.

Longduo

JLC, when did you do your B2B on TP in 2005? Since we live in Colorado it is most tempting to go Jan - Mar though it sounds like it could rain more and be more humid then.

Longduo

We went in February and didn't see much rain.....except......on our Cook Island trip, we diverted from Rarotonga, and went to Rangiroa instead, because there was a cyclone (hurricane is a cyclone in this part of the world) at the Cook Islands. Weather and water was great otherwise......:)

Archived