A stumbling block

ChuckLL

Good luck Chuck! With today's technology you hopefully will be able to get to the bottom of this mystery! By the way, I am glad that people are being "nicer" to you on this thread than the jeans one!! Good luck.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by StaceyM:

Good luck Chuck! With today's technology you hopefully will be able to get to the bottom of this mystery! By the way, I am glad that people are being "nicer" to you on this thread than the jeans one!! Good luck.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif Thanks. Me too, but don't worry about me too much. I'm tough enough to take it.

Has your wife held any jobs in recent years? The I-9 has been around since the 80's and absolutely requires employers to see certain I.D. If she's worked outside the home, maybe someone has a photocopy of her b.c. on file. I had to supply the city softball/baseball league with a copy of my dd's b.c. even. Isn't there any time she's had to produce it?

Does she definately remember ever having a b.c.?

Have you been asking all along the way what to do if no record exists?

Here's an extreme measure, but given the fact your wife might not have her birth info. correct, maybe it's not too insane to suggest. Hire a private investigator.

I think I'd be trying for the passport sans birth record, though. Good luck to you!

Gael

I also think your best bet would be to try to get her a Passport without her birth certificate as jbsteven suggested. It might take a lot less time than you think, and would probably be easier. Good luck, and please let us know how it turns out!

Guys, thanks for all of the input. I really do appreciate it.

Just a few more bits of info and questions...

None of her employers have ever required a birth certificate; however, until she got tired of the rat race about seven years ago, she was a licensed insurance agent managing a small firm here in town. Would info on her insurance license help us in any way? My field is far removed from insurance, but when I applied for my professional license back in 92 I had to provide everything BUT a birth certificate.

After reading some of your posts I think what we may be doing now is waiting for an official letter of no record from the state.

LOL. Honestly, we've been jumping through so many hoops I don't know what I'm doing. Shoot, I'm so confused I almost bought a pair of dress pants today. Almost. LOL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Has your wife held any jobs in recent years? The I-9 has been around since the 80's and absolutely requires employers to see certain I.D. If she's worked outside the home, maybe someone has a photocopy of her b.c. on file.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>But if an employee is a US citizen, a driver's license and social security card are adequate ID's to satisfy the I-9 requirements, so a birth certificate wouldn't be a necessity in that case.

Beth

~~~~~~~~~~~

Countdown to Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Emerald Seas 6/86

Emerald Seas 11/87

S.S. Royale 10/88

Celebration 6/97

Grandeur of the Seas 6/98

Sensation 6/99

Carnival Triumph 6/00

Carnival Triumph 11/17/01

Enchantment of the Seas 10/27/02

Carnival Victory 5/25/03

Carnival Glory 5/22/04

You know, ChuckLL, that's a very good question about information on her insurance license! You might want to check that out! I'm thinking back on the jobs I applied for and worked (Trust me! This was a LONG time ago!) I retired after 25 years of teaching in the same district, and if I can avoid the occasional Senior Moment, all I needed to provide was an official University transcript and my SS card. For my current job (with the State), they asked for my SS card (besides the usual transcript thing), and since I have NO idea where it is, they made a copy of my Passport, with its wretched picture and age information. icon_mad.gif Listen, ChuckLL - we are all hoping for a positive outcome (so you don't have to pack your wife in your rolling cooler) and have decided to take up a collection to get you a pair of Dockers! Please state size and color preference icon_biggrin.gif. (Sorry if I was mean to you before. Chalk it up to Senior Moments.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by imsulin:

Listen, ChuckLL - we are all hoping for a positive outcome (so you don't have to pack your wife in your rolling cooler) and have decided to take up a collection to get you a pair of Dockers! Please state size and color preference icon_biggrin.gif. (Sorry if I was mean to you before. Chalk it up to Senior Moments.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the Dockers offer, but no need to go to all that trouble for me. However, I've had some new developments come up today on that particular front so if I can get some of my computer work finished this evening (which I actually need to be doing now) I may enter into negotations with you concerning clothing. icon_smile.gif

As for before, no worries.

One other thing while I'm taking a break. I think I mentioned earlier that I tracked down my wife's aunt. We recieved her reply to my wife's letter today. She assures us that my wife was born in this town, in this state, that her mother is indeed her mother, and that her father is indeed her father. She says that she is as baffled as the rest of us about the lack, or loss, of documentation.

She even invited us to come visit.

I hope that eases your wife's mind a bit, and that you will take her up on her offer. Please make sure you let us know how this turns out!

Beth

~~~~~~~~~~~

Countdown to Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Emerald Seas 6/86

Emerald Seas 11/87

S.S. Royale 10/88

Celebration 6/97

Grandeur of the Seas 6/98

Sensation 6/99

Carnival Triumph 6/00

Carnival Triumph 11/17/01

Enchantment of the Seas 10/27/02

Carnival Victory 5/25/03

Carnival Glory 5/22/04

Yeah, we'll probably end up visiting the aunt. We'll probably see how this cruise goes first though. You see, the aunt lives in Orlando which is several hours from here. If the cruise goes well we can visit her aunt in Orlando which isn't too far from Kennedy Space Center. I have an uncle who was an Electrical Engineer for NASA during Apollo and the early shuttle days so I've always wanted to tour Kennedy. Surprisingly, Kennedy is near Port Canavaral which could be a good place to end up. icon_wink.gif

ChuckLL - where in Georgia do you live? I'm about an hour and a half from Atlanta. Kennedy Space Center is very close to Port Canaveral, and only about an hour from Orlando. Will you be driving down on I-75? It takes me about 7 hours to drive to Orlando from here, because I have to navigate Columbus (Victory Drive), and the backwoods of Georgia, with all those boiled peanut stands icon_biggrin.gif! I really hate boiled peanuts!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by imsulin:

ChuckLL - where in Georgia do you live? I'm about an hour and a half from Atlanta. Kennedy Space Center is very close to Port Canaveral, and only about an hour from Orlando. Will you be driving down on I-75? It takes me about 7 hours to drive to Orlando from here, because I have to navigate Columbus (Victory Drive), and the backwoods of Georgia, with all those boiled peanut stands icon_biggrin.gif! I really hate boiled peanuts!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey!!!I live in the backwoods. LOL. Seriously though, any more I actually try to avoid the interstates. The "back roads" take a little longer, but I've found I'm less of a nervous wreck when I take them. I actually live about an hour or so north of Jacksonville. Not too far from Brunswick.

By the way, I've also grown to despise boiled peanuts.

Chuck,

Follow some of the directions above to get your wife's passport without using a birth certificate. After the cruise, and if you make it out of her sister's house alive, use the passport to get her a new copy of her birth certificate.

Conquest, we will be with you

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;27;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Archived