Leavin in 12 days... Theme night ideas

James 'n' Katrina

Well here goes a little about us and what we are planning for..

Me -James - the old fart at 33yrs old, tall skinny runt, army boy, just back from 7mths in Baghdaddy, Iraq last week.

Katrina - 26yrs and way better looking, army girl, Going out field tomorrow to sleep in the rain...(sucker) She gets back the day before we depart Townsville for the cruise. So she is going to need the first onboard massage and cocktail.

Courtney - 11 yrs - MY daughter - who lives in Brissy with her mum.

Jessica - turns 13 in 4 days - my neice and she lives in Toowoomba.

I am planning for 3 formal nights, one island night, and one PJ night.

If there is anything else - I will just have wing it on the night.

At the very least there will be four of us on board in the same boat... (hey did you like that one... lol) But if there is anyone who knows exactly what they are going do be - don't leave me in the dark.

To everyone else.... I need some outrages ideas for the theme nights I just suggested that I am planning for. Being a typical leo - I like to be !!!!! a little different. I am at home and bored until I depart - so I am sure I am going to come up with something to spruce up the nights... You can be assured of that. But any suggestions to get me started would be helpful.

Well enough dribble from me....

What do you think about me ?????

They usually have a country and western night, rock and roll and also superhero/fancy dress.

C&W, get a straw hat from a cheap shop, checked/flannelette shirt and jeans. "Cowboy boots " if you have them. Girls look cute with painted freckles and if long hair in 2 pigtails.

A bandanna is good too, canteen fundraisings ones. Girls can also use them for rock and roll night rolled up around their neck.

Rock and roll could be volley sandshoes, for girls a flared/full skirt and tshirt. You can also go the grease theme too such as pink ladies.

Superhero/fancy dress is really what ever you want.

Well James, I think you sound ok for a tall, skinny, old fart runt:p . I'm worried though, if you think you're old what do you think I am? I'm 45 (ancient, hey?).

BTW welcome back. So you just get back and your DW goes? Can't imagine we'll be seeing much of you on the cruise:o .

Seriously though, I'm very much looking foward to meeting you and everyone else from these boards who will be joining us. We're lucky to have quite a few of us going. Next week, we'll have to make a definate time & place to meet. When do you leave Townsville?

Karen

Karen - We fly out of Townsville on one of the first flights Sunday Morning - Collecting the girls at Brisbane ariport and in Sydney around Lunchtime...

In which time we plan to get on board ASAP. We used to live in Sydney and we have done all the relevan Darling Harbour tours before.

As for age - well we are as only as old as we feel. And well right now I am feeling rather young and energetic. Katrina is often telling me to grow up.

What have you guys got in mind for theme nights??

Formal nights are easy - look your best. But I'll at least try and find a water spurting flower or something similar.

Cheers

On our last cruise on fancy dress night , 4 young guys(20s) dressed completely back to front. They walked into dinner backwards and kept it up most of the night.

Not many people did get dressed up. Formal night yes, island night yes. PJ nights lots did , other nights was a bit lacking.

try the $2 shop for dressup stuff.

got the men a Zorro type outfit very cheap, also a nuns headdress for $2 just need black clothes with it. Rock and roll, western night is easy.

I think you get more in ths spirit if you dress up and join in the fun. I know we will be.......

You sound like mu husband James, I keep telling him to grow up too. Must be the name (although he prefers Jim). Going to get most of stuff for Island night while on the cruise, will organise Country & Western night (they'd better have that as I've been told it's the only time they do linedancing & I love it). Probably not bother about the others.

Not long to go.

Karen

I do have some goochie country and western gear, but it is rather bulky and would be a waste of space if I took it and it didn't happen... I love going to rodeos and I am a country boy at heart.

I am not much of a line dancer though.. Not much of a dancer at all.

The only part of dancing that I am any good at is supporting from the side line. Katrina is trying to teach me but it is like flogging a dead horse.

you will have to practice for island night as they trot out all those dances you get to do at weddings etc, like YMCA, chicken dance conga etc. It si a ton of fun and everyone dances , get there early for a seat. Sorry if you are second dinner you will have to stand!

Well I'm older than ancient!!!

Though having a 16yr old daughter keeps the old boy and me young at heart. I intend to do the dress up thing, Island's easy, C & W got that covered, PJ's I'm still working on that, and Super Hero (got that one covered, well it's my SuperHero)

Val

As far as I know we are first sitting for dinner - which is what we wanted so that is all good. I dare say I will be feeding my face again by the end of the night anyhow.

Hmmm super hero... now there is a relatively easy costume.. lycra costume. Geeze wouldn't that be a sight for some. Is the super hero theme a common one.

Adam Brand - country singer...

While I was in Iraq Beccy Cole came to visit..

I have a photo of me with my arm around her and Haley Jenson (3rd in the last Aust idol)

Beccy Cole is amazing... No wonder she won entertainer of the year.. Even the guys who didn't like country started to change thier tune a little

Hmmm super hero... now there is a relatively easy costume.. lycra costume. Geeze wouldn't that be a sight for some. Is the super hero theme a common one.

Hi James,

An army man in lycra tights :rolleyes:hmmm.

All the waiters wore super hero shirts and a few went all out in full batman costume.

We are on first sitting aswell

Karen

Adam Brand - country singer...

While I was in Iraq Beccy Cole came to visit..

I have a photo of me with my arm around her and Haley Jenson (3rd in the last Aust idol)

Beccy Cole is amazing... No wonder she won entertainer of the year.. Even the guys who didn't like country started to change thier tune a little

Beccy Cole is a very entertaining performer. I've seen her a couple of times. Just love Adam though and have seen him about 25 times. As a matter of fact I'm going to see him the night before the cruise:D .

Karen

After 7mths in Iraq I have to say takes it's toll on body tone and fitness, as you can never get rid of the hmmmm (squirts) and working 16hr days 7days a week doesnt help either. So me in lycra at the moment - would only mean one thing - THE INVISIBLE MAN....

As for uniform.. I was thinking about it for a formal night... But not sure yet.. I means that I would have to be behaved as that would technically put me on duty... I suppose I could change later in the evening...

what about wearing your uniform for formal night. I also love to see a man in uniform, especially of the 'officer and gentleman" type of uniform.

Or the police motor bike rider in jodpers(or whatever they are called) and boots..

Book me danno!!!!

what about wearing your uniform for formal night. I also love to see a man in uniform, especially of the 'officer and gentleman" type of uniform.

Or the police motor bike rider in jodpers(or whatever they are called) and boots..

Book me danno!!!!

There is my costume for superhero night... A police motor bike rider. Will they let me bring hand cuffs on board...

There is my costume for superhero night... A police motor bike rider. Will they let me bring hand cuffs on board...

ok now i am definately gonna try and get a berth on your cruise...

form a queue karmac I was here first:D :D

DONE !!! the motor cycle policeman it is...

Even if they dont have the theme night i'll put it out there anyhow...

I do have a Baghdad Fire and Rescue t-shirt.. Put no other fireman gear unfortunately... And I did have a baghdaddy beach lifeguard shirt lined up to wear around the pool.. Just like the Bondi lifeguards - but that is a no go at this stage.

Only problem is if I wear the policeman outfit I may have to boot the kids from the room and may miss the evening altogether....

On that happy James and karen thought i had better say good night as i think we are jamming up the boards and Dan isnt even here.

sleep well my friends, single figures tomorrows and another day closer for me.

cheers karon

ok now i am definately gonna try and get a berth on your cruise...

form a queue karmac I was here first:D :D

Who said you were here first? I'm already booked, you're not, I have a head start:D .

Karen

Archived