Mardi Gras. Should I switch rooms?

Posted (edited)

Really bummed right now. We are booked in room 9505, aft extended balcony.  Was gonna bite the bullet and upgrade to a Excel corner aft suite. We leave in 71 days and one was still available. After talking about it for an hour, we logged back in and it was gone. Ugh! Was thinking about a forward Excel suite but it seems so far from everything.  Plus the wind factor and skinny balcony that you can't see through stinks. 

We want the Excel perks but the aft location just seems more convenient. 

I'm going to wait 24 hous and see if the person that swooped my corner aft suite just put it on hold and it gets put back(wishful thinking).

Anyone think it's worth it to upgrade my room to front corner Excel suite!

Edited by Drrandall

• Drrandall changed the title to Mardi Gras. Should I switch rooms?

I can't speak to the Excel suite, but if you have a TA, try calling them to see if the suite is actually taken. We had something similar happen on a Princess cruise. There was an aft balcony I had my eye on and when I finally decided to pull the trigger, it was gone. I called Princess direct, and when I asked if there were any aft balcony cabins available, he said there's one, and told me the cabin number. It was the one I had been thinking of, so not sure if was on hold and was just released or if there was some other reason it appeared to be unavailable. 

Ya. I called Carnival directly to see if it was. It wasn't. I tried to ask if it was just on hold. She couldn't tell.  I checked at noon yesterday and it was available.  Then by 3 it was gone. Gonna check later today again. I've thought about even doing a ocean suite or harber. But I really like the perks of Xcel

• Like 1